Original Post

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung

★★★★ Novice

New update, 2 matches then crashed.

Message 61 of 74 (8,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Your freagin game does NOT WORK!!!

Stop thinking that we are so stupid with your try this try that, you managed to destroy the game's code right after some "update" and now it does not work and you have no idea what to do.

People with this problem, dont even bother asking EA_Idiot what is wrong.... they dont even know.

I was told by the dude responding to the Titanfall2 facebook page to go play call of duty, my gooood is this a serius reply?

Message 62 of 74 (8,893 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Answers HQ: Ask. Answer. Level up. 

hahaha such BS!! You are a joke!
Message 63 of 74 (8,891 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got the same problem. Almost every game crashes. Tried everything that was suggested anywhere (except flashing the BIOS), including downclocking my gpu, disabling transparency/Origin-Overlay, a clean driver uninstall, even reinstalled Titanfall 2.

Could somebody please help me? Love the game, but I'm unable to play this way.

Message 64 of 74 (8,855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This seems to have fixed it for me, I just played 8 consecutive games of Titan Brawl on recommended settings with no issues, where normally it crashes every game. It never crashed in pilot-only modes, only when Titans are present, so TB mode was my benchmark. Here's what to do:

Uninstall Origin and your graphics card drivers and extra software. Then download the trial of CCleaner pro and run a full cleanup. Reinstall your graphics driver (minimal) and Origin. If your game install directory is not default, you will need to set it and restart Origin. Next, go to your game library and repair Titanfall 2 (and any other installed games).  Reboot and give it a spin.

Note: you might also want to uninstall any extra CPU/GPU software like AMD Overdrive, Rivatuner, etc. before you run CCleaner.

CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Message 65 of 74 (8,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Greetings to all.

I feel that my English is so low:

Ami also takes me time, the famous error in the game.

Has some kind of problem. Because it overheats the graphics card.

Gives peaks of lag in the game .. so long. I can almost say it's a bad game. (Seriously engine graphics Source hyper ported to PC be serious for God)

Possible solutions that may or may not work. For try, nothing is lost.

1) - First I saw very curious is to resize the virtual memory of the system. It seems that helps. (Try it)

Your computer has two types of memory, Random Access Memory (RAM) and Virtual Memory.

Link -

Https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2016/05/10/how-to-manage-windows-10-virtual-memory.aspx

2) - Second solution is simpler. It only requires going to the game installation folder. And run two vcredist_x64 files in order.

C: \ Titanfall2 \ __ Installer \ vc

1 -> vc2010sp1
2 -> vc2012Update4

Links -

Https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523
Https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

3) - Third solution. You can also try it.

Check System sound options

Right-click sound icon in the notification tray.
Open Playback devices.
Right-click on the preferred device and set the Default.
Right-click again and open Properties.
In the Levels tab, make sure that sound is not muted.
In the Advanced tab, check both boxes of Exclusive mode to enable them.
Additionally, try lowering the sound quality to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality).

Message 66 of 74 (8,666 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

maybe set your Windows Design to basic.

That made it better for me. The Error isnt gone but it works a bit better.

I also did the other options but nothing helped. Please EA fix this.

Message 67 of 74 (8,479 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had times where i can play 3 or 4 rounds, then next day i struggle to finish a round

I have a AMD R9 280 GPU, and latest drivers.... this game used to run totally fine until the patch a while back

Message 68 of 74 (8,381 Views)

★★ Novice

Idk if you guys have seen it: There's an extra-thread now for gathering Information around the mysterious AMD Card-Crashes (but it seems that Nvidia Cards are now affected, too). You can post your Setup-Info & DxDiag and hope it will ultimately lead to something:

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13432/amd-crashing-thread/p1

Message 69 of 74 (8,360 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi everybody,

I know it's sad, but it made the game at least playable again: Try lowering your Resolution.

I went from 1080p (with all the shiny things on) down to 720p with everything on minimum. It looked a little bit uglier than normal, but I only really noticed in the menus, during the games it didn't really make a difference. At least I could play again!

Then I worked my way up and turned all the Settings on, one by one. Adaptive Scaling and Super-Sampling worked fine, Details, and Shadows as well.

When I turned Ambient Occlusion on, the game crashed after a few rounds. I was disappointed and went to bed. Standard smile Today i turned Ambient Occlusion off again and cranked it up to 'whopping' 1600x900. Played 3 consecutive rounds which all looked great – and definitely better than with 720p. No crashes so far.

Try it, maybe it works for you, too.

Message 70 of 74 (8,334 Views)