0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung

by sirtenko

Original Post

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA - I followed every suggestion that other users are saying are solutions, and your own suggestions.. no go. I actually reinstalled Windows 10 x64, Enterprise to see if some other application/configuration had been an issue.. and the same thing is persisting, even with all the suggestions implemented post-reinstall of Windows 10.

1. Installed Windows 10

2. Installed all Windows updates (and ensured latest drivers for BIOS/MOBO/USB and all other system devices and all hardware are installed and updated.

3. Went to nVidia.com, got the latest drivers and installed for video card.

4. Downloaded and installed Origin/Titanfall 2. 

5. Disabled Origin notifications, sounds, all in-game content, etc.

6. Started Titanfall 2, crash after 5-6 games. Sometimes on the first game after a reboot.

Not sure if this helps, as the error may be a different underlying issue.. and maybe other people with the issue could post this info as well in case it is a peripheral device issue, but I have the following input devices:

Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum mouse

Logitech G710+ Keyboard

and also Logitech Gaming Software v. 8.88

Please fix!

Message 21 of 74 (8,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's getting me too... A lot. Disabling the overclocks didn't help. Even in single player. Dual SLI 1080s, 6850k, 64GB DDR4 3200.  Note, it runs longer in Single Player if I disable WiFi.

Message 22 of 74 (8,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've talked to many people about this and Noone has found any way to fix this happens to my self also and don't see why the titanfall team isn't really looking into it on their end. The game is barely playable for a large number of people and it's pretty aggravating saying they don't really care.
Message 23 of 74 (8,734 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

+1 to this issue.  The accepted solution is hot garbage, is anyone actually looking in to fixing this?

Message 24 of 74 (8,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

same issue, the game runs perfectly fine and then just crashes out of nowhere, DXGI_ERROR_RESET and Engine Error constantly showing up.

seems like playing windowed mode gets rid of the crashes but then you get the fps drops that come with windowed mode...

nothing in this thread has worked at all 

Win10

GTX 970

i5-6500

8GB ram

Logitech G600 mouse

Message 25 of 74 (8,703 Views)

★★ Novice

update on this, I downclocked my gpu by 50mhz, no crashes at all now. Somewhat strange but the game still runs perfectly fine.

Message 26 of 74 (8,643 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Toxinia

That is good to know.

Which card do you have - was it factory OC'd? Did you do any additional OC'ing to it yourself?

Message 27 of 74 (8,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey All.. I think Toxinia may have nailed it. I have an eVGA GTX 970 - FTW Edition, which means they're factory "OC'd" = (Overclocked).. I was routinely having either the Device_Hung or Device_Reset issue, but almost always by my 4-6th game.

Using eVGA Precision XOC software (free) to manage the "clock" speeds, I under-clocked my graphics card .. I brought the GPU "base" clock to its factory specs per nVidia: 1050 MHZ for GPU clock offset (-166 MHZ, down from "0", which is actually 1216 MHZ due to factory OC), leaving all other settings in the Precision software untouched, and applied those settings.  I did not change any other Origin, or TitanFall 2 in-game graphics settings (and my framerate is still hovering @ 60 FPS), and have played maybe 20 games now without the game crashing (at all) either due to the Device_Hung or Device_Reset errors. No other changes were made to my system, so process-of-elimination stands firm with the clock speeds being a potential issue.

Not sure if this will need fixing on nVidia's side or Respawn's, but it seems that any clock speeds above factory (original) nVidia GPU-specs for the card might be the issue. 

Thanks Toxinia!

Message 28 of 74 (8,594 Views)

Community Manager

@HeyRobFL Hi, that's certainly interesting. I was under the impression that factory overclocks are generally very stable, but this might be a new thing to keep an eye on. 

Thanks for the post. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 29 of 74 (8,567 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_David,

Yes, I have always known them to be as well.. Unfortunately, I (highly) doubt it's the "stability" of the card as much as it is the software (driver, game engine, Origin software)'s interaction with the hardware. That error isn't the result of a video card failing (no video driver "crash", it's not over-heating, there's never any signs of in-game artifacts, and all other applications and games interact with the factory overclock correctly). 

The problem is almost definitely software related. 

Message 30 of 74 (8,559 Views)