Trickster

by patdk75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trickster

★★ Pro
The Trickster is one of the premium legendary that I have never been in possession of until the daily challenge today and I was lucky enough to have him in my starting 4.

I was able to get him out on turn 5 and had drawn another on turn 4, which eventually led to the game with his bonus attack as he entered play.

Now I have no intention on giving my opinion on the card as a thread, what I would like to know, from a couple players(if possible) that have a set and play with the trickster, I don't have a one, but is it not really worth the deck until you have a set, or is 2 or 3 (while acquiring the set eventually) possible without having to make a deck within a deck to cover until the 4 are obtained?
Message 1 of 5 (855 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Trickster

Champion (Retired)

Worthwhile to have Trickster in a deck?  Quite possibly.  I agree with @brainzfreeze's points.  I like it's a Legendary whose cost can be lowered, otherwise at 10 brains, I'd pass.  I have one or two myself, but they are in a deck I don't play all that much.  I probably should incorporate it more into other decks.  I tend to prefer control or aggro decks.  I tend to get my butt handed to me with heavy trick decks, which is my fault and need to experiment with them more to find a good balance.

BPRD

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (847 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Ive 2, they are worth having, particularly if you play professor brainstorm a fair bit. He can used in conjunction with gravedigger, or Valkyrie deck.. Or the latest way is to use an environment that adds 2 to his hit value, making it a super fast game. 

Message 2 of 5 (830 Views)

★★ Pro
I know what the card is otherwise I would not have asked the question, which was asking for opinions of players that have the full set whether they noticed the change from when the first got one or two, or did they get all 4 at same time or whatever.

You having 2 isn't much different to me than myself without any. This isn't meant to offend anyone, but I don't need to be told why it's legendary... I have seen it up close and have lost games plenty with a trickster attack.
I am just asking advice to make an educated decision on whether or not to get one here and there or wait till I am ready to make a deck involving the trickster

But thanks for your input anyways bud. Hopefully you'll get the other two someday soon.
Message 3 of 5 (814 Views)

★ Apprentice

I read this message a couple of days but only just found the time to reply. If I'm understanding what you wrote correctly, it is this (and please correct me if I'm wrong): is it worth putting the Trickster in your deck, if you don't have a full set of four of him?

In my opinion, it is, but only if you can get him in the mulligan, or in the first few rounds, because he costs so much to play, but it naturally goes down with each trick played.

My 10X zombie hero this week is Immorticia, so I'm playing her Bag of Tricks strategy deck a lot to collect the event cards. I haven't played as Immorticia a lot before, but I'm finding going heavy on the tricks a fun play style.

If you made a deck that includes one or more Tricksters and loads of tricks, but you also had other cards that can stand on their own, then I guess it wouldn't matter much about not having all four.

Hope this helped.

Message 4 of 5 (804 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Worthwhile to have Trickster in a deck?  Quite possibly.  I agree with @brainzfreeze's points.  I like it's a Legendary whose cost can be lowered, otherwise at 10 brains, I'd pass.  I have one or two myself, but they are in a deck I don't play all that much.  I probably should incorporate it more into other decks.  I tend to prefer control or aggro decks.  I tend to get my butt handed to me with heavy trick decks, which is my fault and need to experiment with them more to find a good balance.

BPRD

Message 5 of 5 (848 Views)