Re: Secret Agent Use

by jaydabbler

Original Post

Secret Agent Use

Champion (Retired)

Begun seeing this trick a bit more in matches.  I'm still a bit thrown it was put into Beastly Class as I don't see much synergy there for it.  I've seen it "paired' with some interesting cards like Jester (who previously unbuffed you can essentially ignore their lane).  I can see it working well with Energy Drink Zombie.  

What's your opinion on Secret Agent and any interesting card pairing with it?

BPRD

Message 1 of 11 (1,813 Views)

★★★★ Guide

it synergies with 'when played' cards, so you can use that ability more than once

Message 2 of 11 (1,804 Views)

★ Guide
What Zdarcon said.

Also, in a pet deck from Brain freeze, that requires you to play pets every turn to maximize impact.

Imagine that Red Chicken becoming 6/4, hard to catch and doing 1 damage on random lanes, on turn 4.
Message 3 of 11 (1,783 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Tricksters. 8 damage all the way!

Message 4 of 11 (1,617 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Like you said, I like to buff the energy drink zombie too. Secret Agenting Loudmouth or Sumo Wrestler also helps a lot as it can essentially provide another buff to one of your minions on the board and move a plant someplace. I also use it in some of my decks that involve plankwalker and trickster. I did once see an opponent bounce a zombot to counter my cornucopia, but that's a pretty late play Frown I feel the higher you get though, the secret agent buff has much more counters to it (higher ranked players usually have shamrocket or removal cards in their decks which can seriously shut down the card). Early on in the game though, it's quite devastating. 

Message 5 of 11 (1,568 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

if it's not for re-using their when played ability - the card you are hoping to have/get is synchronized swimmer to copy your buffed zombie

Message 6 of 11 (1,552 Views)

★★ Pro
True that. Synchro swimmer waiting in the weeds for a buff cheese cutter even... I find myself playing the secret agent more as a rescue plan as of late since turn 2 opponent plays spike weed sector and rather than just letting my dude die, I pluck him up and in that case you have a 5/5 cheese cutter that cost 1. Usually I prefer the when played ability x2 but you have to do what works in the moment
Message 7 of 11 (1,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Imorticia and smash is the best heros for Secret agent. Science and sport.
Message 8 of 11 (1,305 Views)

★★ Pro
Seriously the card works with any beastly hero. I have a couple at least in every beastly deck and sometimes the full set
Message 9 of 11 (1,294 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, I've been using SA more and HG3000.  Just took me a bit to get used to properly using the mechanics.  Standard smile

BPRD

Message 10 of 11 (1,277 Views)