Re: Can One Unlock Other Heroes without Paying??

by BPRDHB

Original Post

Can One Unlock Other Heroes without Paying??

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I've been playing this game for a couple of months now and slowly climbing the ranks, building better decks, etc. I refuse to pay actual money to advance myself in this game, so it's going understandably slow. I only have 4 plant heroes and 3 zombie heroes, despite opening new "premium" packs every couple of days (which advertise the chance to get a new hero). 

My question is, am I ever going to unlock any new heroes this way, or is that the gimmick? Does one only get new heroes if one buys bundles of gems and/or higher-end packs of cards? 

If so that would be a huge bummer. 

I'm obsessed with this game. 

Thanks! 

McSee

Message 1 of 17 (17,994 Views)

★ Guide

@SMcSee wrote:

I only have 4 plant heroes and 3 zombie heroes, despite opening new "premium" packs every couple of days (which advertise the chance to get a new hero). 

This is why you aren't getting new heroes. About every week or so, the game comes out with a special premium pack that's guaranteed to give you a new hero. So instead of opening premium packs, save up and get the hero packs. And while you're at it, you should also be saving up for multipacks instead of buying individual ones.

I've worked on saving my gems for special occasions instead of buying individual packs (or even multipacks) and have 5 plant heroes and 4 zombie heroes to show for it, and I haven't even been playing quite as long as you have! Try this method, it really works Standard smile

Message 2 of 17 (17,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@jdm23133 wrote:

@SMcSee wrote:

I only have 4 plant heroes and 3 zombie heroes, despite opening new "premium" packs every couple of days (which advertise the chance to get a new hero). 

This is why you aren't getting new heroes. About every week or so, the game comes out with a special premium pack that's guaranteed to give you a new hero. So instead of opening premium packs, save up and get the hero packs. And while you're at it, you should also be saving up for multipacks instead of buying individual ones.

I've worked on saving my gems for special occasions instead of buying individual packs (or even multipacks) and have 5 plant heroes and 4 zombie heroes to show for it, and I haven't even been playing quite as long as you have! Try this method, it really works Standard smile

I'll try it thanks so much!!

SM

Message 3 of 17 (17,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SMcSee wrote:

I'll try it thanks so much!!

SM

Don't mention it Angel

Oh, and one more thing: While the hero packs only cost 700 gems, there are also packs that you can buy afterwards that cost 300 and are guaranteed to give you a super-rare and rare (among other things) that will help you play the hero well. Some of them are bad, but others are really good: the one for Grass Knuckles, for example, gives you a guaranteed Potted Powerhouse, which is a great card. So try and save up 1000 gems for these!

Message 4 of 17 (17,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hero packs cost 750(at least in this update)

Message 5 of 17 (17,795 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly, it is good to put in money into the game to support this awesome game since you are so obsessed with it. I have played many good games that got shut down because of finance issues.

Message 6 of 17 (17,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ninesuitsamus wrote:

Honestly, it is good to put in money into the game to support this awesome game since you are so obsessed with it. I have played many good games that got shut down because of finance issues.

I really agree.  I don't feel like enough people are supporting this game for it to be financially stable.

Message 7 of 17 (17,645 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You can always go to a hero and pay 750 to get it, not just when it's a special week, they just don't make this at all obvious...

Message 8 of 17 (17,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So much this . . .

I stumbled across that you could purchase them at any time for 750 gems and was flabbergasted that it was so hidden.

OTOH, it's probably better to just buy the 10 x Premium pack + 1 bundle (plus 2 at the moment) for 1000 gems and hope for a hero.  You'll get one often enough to make it interesting, but won't burn through them so quick you've got nothing interesting left to get, plus you'll get a few legendaries as well ;-)

Message 9 of 17 (17,385 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@abc1043633765 wrote:

So much this . . .

I stumbled across that you could purchase them at any time for 750 gems and was flabbergasted that it was so hidden.

OTOH, it's probably better to just buy the 10 x Premium pack + 1 bundle (plus 2 at the moment) for 1000 gems and hope for a hero.  You'll get one often enough to make it interesting, but won't burn through them so quick you've got nothing interesting left to get, plus you'll get a few legendaries as well ;-)

Since buying a Hero is 750 gems vs your suggested 1000 gem purchase where you *might* get lucky to nab a Hero, I'd recommend just buying the Hero straight up.  Less frustrating.  Plus you get a Premium pack at the end of the Hero quest chain plus get to craft a couple of cards for free.

BPRD

Message 10 of 17 (17,310 Views)