Best Cards in the game

by Gabochido

Original Post

Best Cards in the game

★★ Guide

I'd like to start a thread to list out the most solid cards in the game. These are cards that make people start "THIS CARD IS OP" posts.

From recent threads here are the ones that I have seen. I encourage everyone, specially the veterans, to add their comments on the following:

How to play the card effectively and what type of decks it works with.

What type of decks it is best against.

How to counter the card and what type of decks it is worst against.

This will help us all understand all these cards. If we create a big enough list it will also help to determine how balanced the game is.

From recent posts here are some cards that have been considered OP:

Nurse Gargantuar

Kite Flying Zombie

weed spray

the chickening

arm wrestler zombie

coach zombie

trickster

Wannabe super hero

the trick that lets you play a zombie as a trick

the +5/+5 and frenzy trick

Bananasaurus

repeat moss

seargent berry

bair rose

power flower

2nd best taco of all time

Dandelion

GRapes of Wrath

buff cards

black-eyed bean

cone multiplier plant thingy

double mint

Message 1 of 10 (1,476 Views)

Re: Best Cards in the game

★★★★ Novice

(Insert Zombot 1000 here)

the +5/+5 and Frenzy is called Maniacal Laugh, and yeah, I wish I had more Frown

I am gonna look for more cards, but at least, that one is the most broken for me :D

Message 2 of 10 (1,474 Views)

★ Guide

Where is punish shroom?

Message 3 of 10 (1,356 Views)

★ Apprentice

"Scissors OP, Rock fine."

~Sincerly, Paper

Message 4 of 10 (1,347 Views)

★ Guide

My man Red Stinger, redefining the meta Angel

Message 5 of 10 (1,225 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, let me share one awesome kaboom plan: 

Bluesberry

The card might seem weak at first glance it straight up two cards for one. So it is a great card for control decks that are looking for the card advantage. 

In addition to that, it is direct damage so it is pretty much the perfect 5 cost card for aggro decks as they often need one last strike on the zombie hero once the opponent set up a wall.

In addition to that, zombies often skip turn five for kill cards such as locust or cake bomb and throwing the bluesberry in is sure a great trade.

The 2 damage can also be directed into any lane so it can target amphibious zombies so that the plant hero may not need to bring amphibious plants. 

Gargautuars also come on turn five too so a bluesberry can deal two direct damage and combine it with the three damage to kill the gargantuar. 

Finally, it can take on two lanes at once! Kill one and block the other, providing great defenses. It can go on the offensive too by placing itself on an empty land and open a lane for another plant to strike the zombie hero.

Message 6 of 10 (1,206 Views)

★ Guide

@GargantuarFeast wrote:

Okay, let me share one awesome kaboom plan: 

Bluesberry

The card might seem weak at first glance it straight up two cards for one. So it is a great card for control decks that are looking for the card advantage. 

In addition to that, it is direct damage so it is pretty much the perfect 5 cost card for aggro decks as they often need one last strike on the zombie hero once the opponent set up a wall.

In addition to that, zombies often skip turn five for kill cards such as locust or cake bomb and throwing the bluesberry in is sure a great trade.

The 2 damage can also be directed into any lane so it can target amphibious zombies so that the plant hero may not need to bring amphibious plants. 

Gargautuars also come on turn five too so a bluesberry can deal two direct damage and combine it with the three damage to kill the gargantuar. 

Finally, it can take on two lanes at once! Kill one and block the other, providing great defenses. It can go on the offensive too by placing itself on an empty land and open a lane for another plant to strike the zombie hero.

Don't forget, it can get buffed by Strongberry to make it even better!

Message 7 of 10 (1,198 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, it would be nice to see a berry deck. Those are quite rare.

Message 8 of 10 (1,171 Views)

★ Guide

@GargantuarFeast wrote:

Yeah, it would be nice to see a berry deck. Those are quite rare.

Agreed. I've actually been toying with the idea of making an entirely berry-based deck, I just don't have a hero that suits that playstyle yet. The problem with making a berry deck is that you pretty much need all of the different berries to make it worthwhile, and I think that because many people don't quite have all the berries (and are saving their Sparks for other things), they don't make berry decks that often.

Message 9 of 10 (1,157 Views)

★ Guide

If they turn seargeant strongberry into a 3/5, that would put more berry decks into the game.

Message 10 of 10 (1,137 Views)