Re: Advice or another set of eyes

by Dave058182

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Advice or another set of eyes

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
This is a night shade deck I've been tinkering with for awhile. The thing I am unsure of, is whether or not the laser cattail is my best option or even though not team-up, cosmic mushroom gives me x2 for each one(unless by bad luck I get the grotto) and also does anyone see the point in throwing one or two pair pearadise enviros in to get a 2 for 1 with astroshroom or the admiral?
I have thought of the possible situations and really it could be great, but I would still need to have something on planet of the grapes so the cards keep coming or its all a waste. I think that it's more of a novelty tHen it is a needed part of the deck
Message 1 of 5 (621 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
This is more like what you meant @Dave058182 with punishshroom but you said toxic (poison?) not cosmic...but the conjuring of another shroom is worth the extra suns
Keep in mind that I have to look at the plants that don't deal damage directly as ammunition more or less, which is why I had the currants for the conjuring. The shrooms flow better as beans/shrooms rather than the berries in the mix. Nice cheap, quick and easy damage but I have noticed with the swapping to shrooms it flows nicely and I don't know how else to explain that, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (626 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey mate,

i like the deck but I would stick to beans and shrooms. Why do you play the berry? You have just 2 cards with a synergy to it. Rather play the toxic shroom. Paradise environment maybe 1 and -1 cat. But don’t know if it’s worth it it gets countered quite often and the game should be over for your opponent at this point. Maybe + 2 punish shrooms ? However , I see a problem with all the 1 damage zombies .

Message 2 of 5 (604 Views)

★★ Pro
It might help if I had explained my deck somewhat. The attack phase is not important for damage, only to survive and have the direct damage dealers survive.

The berries are there for two reasons. One is for a cheap damage via astroshroom, and secondly for the conjuring of another berry. Because of the chance of a berry blast being conjured, which can help in keeping astroshroom or admiral alive.
Like I said, I have been playing with the deck for a good chunk of last season, after I got a couple astroshrooms and saw something that was a spark of interest that grew when a daily challenge a few weeks back gave me an idea.
Anyways, I have had a couple punishshrooms, but the problem with that I found, was for punishshroom to be worthwhile you have to lose other shrooms. That only really works for the shroom for two or I suppose sportacus also. Cosmic shroom I have thought it would be a great fit, but without the team-up is losing a lot of points damage and make no mistake about it, every point of damage to the zombie hero is crucial.

Also that is a dilemma I have with the banana bomber, not having team-up or even attack power, but the cosmic beans are great help for guarding them and/or other valuable plants.
I do agree with you on the pair pearadise, as a casting cost of four, one would have to have enough cards in hand to win that turn because either the environment or the astroshrooms on it, or all the above will almost certainly be gone for the next turn. It was another possible way for even more damage, but I believe that the 4 sun that it costs plus the plant, so five sun used to set it up when that could be used better elsewhere.
Message 3 of 5 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
This is more like what you meant @Dave058182 with punishshroom but you said toxic (poison?) not cosmic...but the conjuring of another shroom is worth the extra suns
Keep in mind that I have to look at the plants that don't deal damage directly as ammunition more or less, which is why I had the currants for the conjuring. The shrooms flow better as beans/shrooms rather than the berries in the mix. Nice cheap, quick and easy damage but I have noticed with the swapping to shrooms it flows nicely and I don't know how else to explain that, but I'm sure you get what I mean.
Message 4 of 5 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Looks really good @patdk75. I can imagine that it runs quite smooth. I think the only things which will make your really trouble are the -1/-1 removal card, kill a plant with 2 or less and weed spray + 1 damage zombies (Barrel). MAN, I WANT THE ENGLISH VERSION! :D. Maybe try 1 or 2 go nuts or angry berry +2 / 0 ? Idk tbh or 2x PINE CLONE!. This ruins the game. I will try it out now (but dont have the  event damage shrooms).

Message 5 of 5 (558 Views)