Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy and Cute on STEAM

by tomahawk640

Original Post

The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy and Cute on STEAM

★★★★ Newbie

I bought this game with the Creepy and Cute expansions a little while ago on steam.  Only just tried playing it today.  Had to make a few adjustsments in regedit to get it to start, but now I get to the title screen and get this error when I try to register. "The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated".  I was never prompted for any keys.  Can I just not register it since I got it from STEAM?

Message 1 of 20 (24,157 Views)

Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy and Cute on STEAM

★★★ Pro

CLICK on the link for Help

https://help.ea.com/article/account-creation-or-login-issues

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM

Message 2 of 20 (23,934 Views)

Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy and Cute on STEAM

★★★★ Newbie

I saw that page before I posted the question.  Unfortunately my case doesn't apply to it.  As I said, I have just installed the game using STEAM.  I have never played/installed/registered/whatever this game before.  So no previous accounts for it exist.  It did not prompt me for a key nor was I provided with one.

Message 3 of 20 (23,931 Views)

Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy an

★★★★ Newbie

Have you been able to fix this issue yet?

Message 4 of 20 (22,568 Views)

Re: The registration key used to install this game cannot be validated. Bought with Spore:Creepy an

★★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. Bought Spore & Spore Creepy and Cute Parts on Steam but can't register.

Message 5 of 20 (22,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me 2, need fix

Message 6 of 20 (22,276 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here, please respond EA.

Message 7 of 20 (22,267 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are not phromted any you have to right click the game in your library.

Message 8 of 20 (22,169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right click on spore in the library and click on CD Key, thats the key, but I don't see where to register it.

Message 9 of 20 (22,081 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I contacted EA through their chat service and they fixed everything. I would do the same.

Support

Message 10 of 20 (22,038 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com