Spore stuck on "Preparing" - EA App PC

by Kelleyyy_e621

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore stuck on "Preparing" - EA App PC

★★★ Newbie

I have spore plus all the addons and it seems to be stuck on "Preparing" on the downloads screen. I've tried clearing the app cache, searching "spore" and "sims 3" in file explorer based on other posts I've seen relating to this (kind of a hail mary), setting the install location outside of "Program files" (it's now targeting my D:\Games directory), and I've tried restarting my PC.

I am running the EA app from an admin account with admin privileges.

I don't really play any other EA games outside of spore and I haven't really touched it since Origin was the platform I used to download it. Any assistance would be nice.

Message 1 of 3 (851 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spore stuck on "Preparing" - EA App PC

★★★ Newbie

Okay so after a LOT of headache and desperately trying to get either Origin or the EA app to download spore, turns out you just have to uncheck the add-ons when you download the game.

Happened upon the answer here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-will-not-start-downloading/m-p/12170000/highlight/true#M14331

I'm pirating my games from now on just as a pure convenience factor. Absolutely horrible app experience.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (813 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Okay so after a LOT of headache and desperately trying to get either Origin or the EA app to download spore, turns out you just have to uncheck the add-ons when you download the game.

Happened upon the answer here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-will-not-start-downloading/m-p/12170000/highlight/true#M14331

I'm pirating my games from now on just as a pure convenience factor. Absolutely horrible app experience.

Message 2 of 3 (814 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, it happened to me too a while back. I made a thread on this issue a couple months back

Nice name btw

Message 3 of 3 (778 Views)