Spore servers STILL down (mid oct. 2015)

by SnowmanDK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore servers STILL down (mid oct. 2015)

★ Apprentice

First a quote from august:

"We are finalising some network settings and applying SSL certificates to every location that requires them.
Once that is complete, we'll get Spore into testing.

The site itself is up and running and showing all your creations, we just need to hook up the game client and website login flow for testing to start.

Sorry it has been a long and painful process bringing Spore back online in the new datacenter but a lot of what was built all those years ago needed updating to meet today's standards."

We are now writing 13. october 2015 and I still have no server available???

Message 1 of 13 (5,341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Spore servers STILL down (mid oct. 2015)

★ Apprentice
After having issues myself, I found out (thanks to EA phone support) that the game MUST be registered to your Origin account before it works properly. EA support added it to my account for free when I told my CD key from Steam. Once registered to Origin, then my Steam version became fully functional.

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (5,873 Views)

All Replies

Don't lose hope @SnowmanDK

Many other players worldwide waiting for a comeback. Wink
Read the latest progress, MaxisBazajaytee published last week a new status

"9th October 2015 - We are almost within reach of passing the servers to our QA department for final checks ahead of bringing the service back online. The length of testing time will depend on whether they find anything in their sweep."

og 1001 tak for din tålmodighed Standard smile
Thanks  for your patience

Mange hilsner

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 13 (5,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When?

Message 3 of 13 (5,098 Views)

Feel free an read the latest status from 16 Oct 2015

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/83747.page;jsessionid=A0B0E0420BB8625CBCEF2CC23356F5E7

THANKS Standard smile

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 4 of 13 (5,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I`m a fair bit curious. i`ve logged into spore`s servers. well. tried. to on all 3 versions. do they not work on steam?

Message 5 of 13 (5,020 Views)

★ Apprentice
After having issues myself, I found out (thanks to EA phone support) that the game MUST be registered to your Origin account before it works properly. EA support added it to my account for free when I told my CD key from Steam. Once registered to Origin, then my Steam version became fully functional.
Message 6 of 13 (5,874 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ripfire707 wrote:

I`m a fair bit curious. i`ve logged into spore`s servers. well. tried. to on all 3 versions. do they not work on steam?

You MUST to use the same CD key for the Steam version as for the Origin version, otherwise it won't work.

That's at least how I understood it when I talked to the EA supporter. Please correct me if I am wrong Wink

Message 7 of 13 (4,933 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Where do i find the phone number and can i email them?

@SnowmanDK wrote:

Message 8 of 13 (4,811 Views)

@A_Clinux

You can contact a game advisor in following ways.

You can try it on Live Chat, email, or phone

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

1. Click the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/spore/spore/
  2. Make sure you are logged in with your Origin ID
  3. Choose your country (take a look right side upper navigation groin)
  4. Press the orange button below right side "Contact us"
  5. Follow the steps

Message 9 of 13 (4,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so does this mean that I have to contact EA in order to activate it? Is there no way I can do it myself?

Message 10 of 13 (4,388 Views)