Spore Won't update

by QTH9

Original Post

Spore Won't update

★ Novice

I just downloaded spore and when I clicked play, it said there was an update available so I clicked download. It downloaded and started verifying and in the middle of verifying it 

stopped and said some files have been modified and told me to restart the update so I did and it did the same thing and keeps doing the same thing. If anyone could help that would

be awesome.

Message 1 of 9 (1,404 Views)

Betreff: Spore Won't update

Hi @QTH9

On which machine you play Spore.

The error happens only , when you play on another rig like for example Pc and tried to run on Mac!

Perhaps help this one https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/36189.page

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 9 (1,375 Views)

★ Novice

I have a mac with plenty of space and I downloaded on my mac with the download for macs

Message 3 of 9 (1,366 Views)

Before you uninstall the game, install MacClean. This shows you all the hidden files of Spore.
https://www.imobie.com/
Uninstall Spore over MacClean and move everything into the trash.
Navigate under \ Users \ [YourUserName] \ Library \ Preferences, delete the Spore Preferences folder.

Then clear the trash and restart the machine.
Install Spore again, don't open it.
Shutdown the machine, restart the machine again and open Spore, now do the game patching

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 4 of 9 (1,357 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @QTH9 

Let us know if your matter was resolved, or you are still in need of assistance.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,344 Views)

★ Novice

I am still in need of assistance. I have not figured out how to fix it yet.

Message 6 of 9 (1,337 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry did not see the second reply. I have CleanMyMac 3 would that work instead of Maclean?

Message 7 of 9 (1,334 Views)

I personally do not know CleanMyMac 3!

If it shows the hidden files of a program during the deinstallation, you can use it. Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (1,329 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, thanks. I will try MacClean

Message 9 of 9 (1,321 Views)