Re: Spore - This code has already been used

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore - This code has already been used

★ Novice

Hi

I bought Spore back when it was released and i would like to add it to my online catalog. The problem that i am having is that when i redeem the code i get a message saying that the code has already been used.

What can i do to resolve this?

Message 1 of 19 (12,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

For anyone who still has this issue and is googling to find a response:

I went and used the EA Chat Advisor thing. I had to use Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge in order for it to work, but I told the advisor that I owned the discs and had the codes for both (Spore and GA) and they added them to the account for me.

View in thread

Message 7 of 19 (12,920 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Please check the article linked below for trouble shooting steps:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-Account-Creation-or-Login-Issues-FAQ/m-p/1428048#U1428048

Message 2 of 19 (12,424 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

That does not help me. I am getting a message that says the code has already been used.

I bought the games at release and have never registered it as at the time i never had an internet connection.

If you would like i can PM you my serial code and any other details you may need.

Please let me know as i really want to play this again.

regards

Message 3 of 19 (12,419 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i am having the exact same problem. i bought spore, but i can't login due to the code being invalid although i never used it.

Message 4 of 19 (12,413 Views)

★ Novice

HI

A week now and still no answer and still cannot play spore, please help.

Message 5 of 19 (12,391 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. After 1 hour on chat, they finally said that they can't help me and had to escalate it and I would receive an e-mail reply. They marked it "Resolved" I resumed the case and got a reply saying they need pictures of my product case, dvd, and key. Sent the info. They marked it "Resolved" again...8 days later I notice and have to resume the case, again. Still no Spore on my account. Still wondering why they are marking my issue as Resolved when it's not.

Message 6 of 19 (11,911 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For anyone who still has this issue and is googling to find a response:

I went and used the EA Chat Advisor thing. I had to use Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge in order for it to work, but I told the advisor that I owned the discs and had the codes for both (Spore and GA) and they added them to the account for me.

Message 7 of 19 (12,921 Views)

Thanks @xpeachsweettea  for your kind response. Exactly this is the right way 👍

Enjoy Spore... 🙂

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 8 of 19 (11,700 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @xpeachsweettea for sharing your solution with us here. I am sure, other players will appreciate this as well.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 9 of 19 (11,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Can confirm @xpeachsweettea's solution worked for me as well. Thanks!

Message 10 of 19 (10,512 Views)