Re: Spore Problem- Mac OS Sierra

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Spore Problem- Mac OS Sierra

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I've got a problem that I've been seeing similar issues across multiple threads. But here are my specifics:

-Mac OS Sierra

-Spore (Latest version downloaded from Origin)

-Macbook Pro w/ Retina, 13-inch (2013)

-Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

-Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

Every time I try to launch the game, my screen displays the white/blue Spore logo, and then goes completely black. It then shows a regular mouse cursor (that I can move around) and nothing else. No keyboard buttons work, no shortcuts on the trackpad; nothing. I have to hold down the power button to turn the laptop off and back on. 

I got the game to run once or twice, and then realized it ran faster in windowed-version. So I selected windowed-version and played for all of two minutes. I decided I needed to change the screen size, so I edited my settings, closed the game, and attempted to restart it. Now I am stuck on the previously stated problem.

I've tried uninstalling both Origin AND Spore multiple times. I've edited the config file in Spore. I've even left it in "black screen" for hours to see if it was just a slow reboot.

Hoping I didn't waste $20 on a game that's fun to play, please help!!

Message 1 of 2 (4,219 Views)

Re: Spore Problem- Mac OS Sierra

Hi @abeller15

I've here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-Issue-on-Mac-Sierra/m-p/6191474#M8539 already written an answer.

I closed therefore this post because of double identical question

Thanks

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 2 (4,194 Views)