Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper

Spore GL:5626

I recently bought spore and installed it onto my macbook pro. When ever I try to run the game an error code pops up and says 'Error:GL 5626: game can not run' I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but the same code keeps popping up. Please help.

Re: Spore GL:5626

Hello stephernee,

Does your computer meet the system requirements and are your drivers up to date?

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Keeper

Yes and it's still not working

Hello stephernee,

This error message is usually a combination of a corrupted install and server licensing error. This may be associated with installing Spore on top of Creature Creator--Creature Creator is supposed to be uninstalled prior to installing Spore.

A few steps you could try:

• Try manually uninstalling Creature Creator--which is different than using control panel so please do click the link and follow the directions as indicated
  • Try right clicking the Spore icon and Run as Administrator (for Vista and Windows 7 users)

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Keeper

um... i tried uninstalling the creature creator manually and that didnt work so after i did that i tried to run as admin and it still didnt work. i still get the same error code.

Keeper

I have done all thoughs things and still the same error code.

Keeper

That happened to me. I never got it to work, but it was because my computer didn't have enough ram to run it. Check you available ram against the requirement. Good luck! Smiley Wink

Keeper

I have that too, and my computer has 8 GB and I can't remember exactly how much ram it said it required but I'm pretty sure it was 4GB or less, and I uninstalled the creature creature, but this problem persists for me as well anyway...