Spore Account Creation or Login Issues FAQ

by EA_Mat

Original Post

Spore Account Creation or Login Issues FAQ

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Please make sure that you have created an account through Spore correctly. If you have created an account, you may encounter one of the error messages listed below. Click on the error message that you are encountering for more information:

Login failed: You do not have the proper spore.com privileges:
This issue should now be resolved. If you were previously seeing the error message "Login failed: You do not have the proper spore.com privileges" please try logging in once again.

If you still see the error message, you may have an issue with the login file that is in the Spore folder.

To fix this issue, try browsing to the Spore folder and remove the login.prop file by following the instructions below:

• Double-click on My Computer.
  • Double-click on the C: drive.
  • Double-click on Documents and Settings.
  • Double-click on your User Name.
  • Double-click on Application Data.
  • Note: The Application Data folder may be hidden. To unhide it, go to the Tools menu and select Folder Options. Click on the View tab and select Show hidden files and folders in the Advanced Settings box.
  • Double-click Spore.
  • Then double-click Preferences.
  • This folder should contain the login.prop file. Right-click and delete this file and then restart Spore.

If you continue receive the error after trying the steps above, try logging in in the following way:

For your log in, enter your email and screen name separated by a colon. For example:
youremail@email.comConfusedcreen name

Enter your password as normal and login.

User-added image

Please note: All Spore screen names created under one Master Account will use the same email address and password to access the game and website.
To log in with a specific Screen Name, put a colon ( : ) and the desired screen name after the E-mail address on the login screen.
Examples

• noreply@maxis.com:MaxisDoofus
  • noreply@maxis.com: DoofusJr
  • noreply@maxis.com: DoofusDaughter

The Product Key could not be validated:
You may be getting this error message if you already registered your Spore serial code with another account. If you have already registered Spore to one email address you will not be able to add the same serial number to a second email address.

If you are unsure what account you used to register Spore, please use the Talk to a Game Advisor link and submit an incident to our support team. They will be able to check the account associated with your serial code.

When submitting your incident, please include the following information to verify the account (the more information you include, the easier it will be to verify the account):

• The error message you are getting
  • Your email address
  • The serial key you used to install your game
  • Your Spore persona
  • The Date of Birth you used to create your account

The Registration Key used to install the game is not vaild:

You may be getting this error message if you have already registered your Spore serial code with another account. If you have already registered Spore to one email address you will not be able to add the same serial number to a second email address.

If you are unsure what account you used to register Spore please use the Contact Uslink and submit an incident to our support team. They will be able to check the account associated with your serial code.

When submitting your incident, please include the following information to verify the account (the more information you include, the easier it will be to verify the account):

• The error message you are getting
  • Your email address
  • The serial key you used to install your game
  • Your Spore persona
  • The Date of Birth you used to create your account

You do not have the proper spore.com privilege to access the online feature:
You may be getting this error message if you already registered your Spore serial code with another account. If you have already registered Spore to one email address you will not be able to add the same serial number to a second email address.

If you are unsure what account you used to register Spore please use the Contact Us link and submit an incident to our support team. They will be able to check the account associated with your serial code.

When submitting your incident, please include the following information to verify the account (the more information you include the easier it will be to verify the account):

The error message you are getting

Message 1 of 142 (84,680 Views)

Re: Spore Account Creation or Login Issues FAQ

★★★★ Novice

so basically to sum this all up; If you have a problem, any at all, contact customer support.

Message 2 of 142 (82,917 Views)

Community Manager

Account issues do generally need to be dealt with by an EA Game Advisor, outside of those issues you can post here.

barry.png
Message 3 of 142 (82,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Help Im Having the same issue i would really like someone to email me !

Message 4 of 142 (82,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

so let me get this straight if we have any problems with spore we are to contact customer support and then wait forever to get no respone whatsoever. At least that's what it seems like

Message 5 of 142 (81,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is it possible to just email EA with your problem and details?

Message 6 of 142 (80,010 Views)

★★★ Guide

Edit your CD-KEY out. Do not release that information. 

Message 7 of 142 (80,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Login failed: You do not have the proper spore.com privileges:
This issue should now be resolved. If you were previously seeing the error message "Login failed: You do not have the proper spore.com privileges" please try logging in once again.

If you still see the error message, you may have an issue with the login file that is in the Spore folder.

To fix this issue, try browsing to the Spore folder and remove the login.prop file by following the instructions below:

• Double-click on My Computer.
  • Double-click on the C: drive.
  • Double-click on Documents and Settings.
  • Double-click on your User Name.
  • Double-click on Application Data.
  • Note: The Application Data folder may be hidden. To unhide it, go to the Tools menu and select Folder Options. Click on the View tab and select Show hidden files and folders in the Advanced Settings box.
  • Double-click Spore.
  • Then double-click Preferences.
  • This folder should contain the login.prop file. Right-click and delete this file and then restart Spore.

Can you do this windows 7 style? or can someone tell me what to do.

Message 8 of 142 (77,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any solutions to not being able to connect to the spore database?

Message 9 of 142 (77,518 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello. 

EA support are on holidays so i came here.

I have a problem - i buyed Spore at Steam with 2 DLCs but i can't log in.

When i press help button the spore site pops up where i can log in.

I log in, and then try in game. Nope.

It says that i have connection problems / internet problems or something is going on with the server but i dont have internet problems so it has to be server. I waited 2 days and still the same. 

Now i am here and i want to ask;

What to do?

I have Origin, i buyed Spore, Spore galactic adventures and Spore creepy and cute parts on Steam.

I am logging on with my Origin, Steam and the account from www. spore . com...  

Message 10 of 142 (76,312 Views)