SPORE error 2000 and 1004

by battlinbillybob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SPORE error 2000 and 1004

★★★ Newbie

Ok I bought a copy of spore on steam.  But when I try to run it it says error 2000 and 1004 and I was told to go to ea.com and make an account on it and ask an ea advisor to give them a CD key to have it on here so can someone who is in charge help so I could give u the key so I don't waste $20 on a use less game

Message 1 of 6 (8,943 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SPORE error 2000 and 1004

Hero (Retired)

HI There!

You'll have to contact Customer Service/Game Advisors, they're the only ones that can help you with your account issue :smileyhappy:

How to contact Customer Service/Game Advisors:

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

---------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------

►►► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! ◄◄◄

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (9,494 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

HI There!

You'll have to contact Customer Service/Game Advisors, they're the only ones that can help you with your account issue :smileyhappy:

How to contact Customer Service/Game Advisors:

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

---------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------

►►► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! ◄◄◄

Message 2 of 6 (9,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. I contacted an EA advisor on chat and they activated my product key on origin instead of steam and I am able to play now with no errors.  I guess they dont have a fix for steam but the work around is playable.

Message 3 of 6 (8,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I get them on chat? It keeps saying approximate wait 5-10 minutes...then 15-20, will it eventually connect me or is there something else I need to do?

Message 4 of 6 (8,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok, I had this problem just like you guys, but someone kindly helped me fix it, so, I'm linking you guys what helped me out!!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/17390/discussions/0/864973980864791186/#p1

Message 5 of 6 (8,749 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

if anyone is having this issue with error like 2000 and 1004 while launching Spore game, follow these instructions: 

1. Go to this way: C/Documents/Electronic Arts/Spore/Gamedata and find this folder Gamedata and move it to desktop then.
2. Now try to launch the game and see if it works?
3. If it's giving you any other error, move back the gamedata folder to /Spore folder again and recheck your game again.

Even if its not working for you. ask the help from Origin/EA customer support and tell them about this issue. This issue generally comes due to incomplete registration of Spore game which can be completed from EA customer service staff. Either there is no Spore ID registered in game or you don't have enough online access due to which this error usually comes in the game. Origin staff will fix this issue for you all guys. 

Message 6 of 6 (8,612 Views)