Re: SPORE: Cannot login to my account within the game

by TheHourMan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SPORE: Cannot login to my account within the game

★★ Novice

I changed my password through the game client, being redirected to a Spore webpage requesting my email address.

Completed the field, and an email is sent to me with a link to change my password.  I have done this, got an email confirming the same.

I can log into the Spore website and my origin account with my new password, but everytime I load SPORE, I cannot login within the game.  I keep getting an error message: Login Failed - Invalid User.

I tried multiple times, my details are correct.

Can anyone help?

WrinklesEA

Message 1 of 10 (3,633 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

http://www.origin.com/download

Origin is EA, basically. Once you have it installed, click the "help" tab at the top of the screen (after you create a free account) and click "Live Chat" to speak to an Advisor instantly. It's open 24/7 as well.

Register Spore to Origin. This should resolve your problem. If you don't know how, you can contact an Advisor on Origin Live Chat in the "help" menu. They will get is for you. Sorry i don't know exactly how to register products on it yet. 

It's caused by a patch for spore requiring you to register the game On Origin. Once it's patched and registered, it will work just fine.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (3,830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't have a live chat option on the Origin Download Tool.

Is this feature not supported in the UK?

Had to call support in the end, and they registered Spore to my Origin account.

View in thread

Message 5 of 10 (3,824 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I amhaving the same problem.

Message 2 of 10 (3,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is seriously annoying, I played for all yesterday after getting the game and got to the city stage and was so excited to play this morning but you know... I CANT LOG IN! :P

Message 3 of 10 (3,618 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

http://www.origin.com/download

Origin is EA, basically. Once you have it installed, click the "help" tab at the top of the screen (after you create a free account) and click "Live Chat" to speak to an Advisor instantly. It's open 24/7 as well.

Register Spore to Origin. This should resolve your problem. If you don't know how, you can contact an Advisor on Origin Live Chat in the "help" menu. They will get is for you. Sorry i don't know exactly how to register products on it yet. 

It's caused by a patch for spore requiring you to register the game On Origin. Once it's patched and registered, it will work just fine.

Message 4 of 10 (3,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't have a live chat option on the Origin Download Tool.

Is this feature not supported in the UK?

Had to call support in the end, and they registered Spore to my Origin account.

Message 5 of 10 (3,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I try to log in to Origin I keep getting the error message " An unknown error has occurred. Please restart Origin and try again"  I've restarted it multiple times and I still get the same problem

(edit) After being on the phone with EA customer service for hours, they clam that all logins at the moment are screwed up and they are looking into the problem. All we can do is wait now.

Message 6 of 10 (3,582 Views)

★ Novice

But what about Spore games that are bought on Steam?

Message 7 of 10 (3,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you find EA's phone number?  Or Origin's?  I'm confused.  Am I supposed download Origin?  I can't find anywhere where they have live chat, or registering your game (Spore) to Origin.....  Is this a sudden change of ownership or something?  They need to tell their customers!

Message 8 of 10 (3,560 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought the creepy and cute parts expansion pack and have the same problem all over again.

Spoke to someone on live chat this morning and was advised:

"Problem that you are facing is due to some problem with our game servers. I can understand how frustrating it is. We have received the report of this problem from other players as well and we have informed our expert team about this issue."

I hope they fix it soon - I still cant login.  No idea how long it take EA to resolve such issues.

With regards to live chat: goto help.ea.com, set your country as US and follow the hyperlink objects for contacting a game adviser.

If you want to call betweem 9am and 9pm GMT ring 0870 243 2435

Message 9 of 10 (3,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello I've made an account on spore origins and it says error for the Internet but says I'm registered? Idk what to do really I've tried logging into spore on my computer and its not working!
Message 10 of 10 (3,345 Views)