by jessicalewis000

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I try to login into Spore I get the message 'there was an error connecting to the SPORE server. Please check your internet connection or try again later' what can i do??!?!?

Message 1 of 10 (1,691 Views)

Re: Log in issues with Spore - server problem?

★★★ Newbie

I just bought this game today and after dealing with the patch issues for mac I finally got everything working and now, no matter what i do, i can't connect to the servers. If they have shut them down, I want a god **bleep** refund EA!

Message 2 of 10 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing, just downloaded and installed Spore tonight, keep getting server connection error, and no Live Advisors available to help.
Message 3 of 10 (1,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem also. I have wasted hours in these and other forums. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game. If I login with a wrong username or password, I get a different error, so obviously something else is going on.

Message 4 of 10 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep. Me too. I purchased the game instore from EA Games. Can't log in. When I try to create a new account it tells me that my registration key can't be validated.

Message 5 of 10 (1,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here I bought it from a store and it doesn't work  HELP!

Message 6 of 10 (1,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey not sure if you guys ever got this fixed, but I was just encountering the same issue.  I bought the game through steam and added the cd key to my ea account.  And then when i tried logging in I got the same issue.  The problem I was having was that I never created a spore name, which is the first prompt that comes up when you launch spore.  When you enter your ea account info and create a spore name it will work perfectly for you.

Message 7 of 10 (1,356 Views)

THANK YOU

★★★ Newbie

you have no idea how long I was trying to figure that one out XD. aparently the first time I did it it didnt go through, second time around it did though. thanks again.

Message 8 of 10 (1,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed my password but that didn't. It turns out if you are already an EA member you can put your info in and thats what i did but it wouldn't work so while i was doing that i was checking the box underneath that if you check that box it will not work.

Message 9 of 10 (1,309 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I founded the reason why it's not working
1.you need to go to start menu and search for "advance security" of the firewall. then search in it spore antill you find it and then unable it's conection to the internet.
2. Now If that didn't help then keep it like that and there must be a problom in your ip for some reason(for me beacuse I have a safe network with norton) so try to download vpn or remove your safe network from your internet and then it should work! Hope I helped Standard smile
Message 10 of 10 (1,122 Views)