Re: Is the game officially abandoned?

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

Is the game officially abandoned?

★ Novice

Well, is a very good game with great pottencial. What i want to know  is if EA has oficially abandoned the game, stopped worked on it. Thank you for the atention!

Message 1 of 3 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, yes. The game has long since been forgotten and swept under the rug. The servers are closed, you can no longer create an account, and EA has dropped all compatibility for more recent (Win7-present) operating systems. Since EA has cut ties with Maxis, SPORE's sole creator, there has not been (and probably never will be) a new add-on or patch to this game for several years. It was a fun game while it lasted, but it's about time for it to be put to rest. There's really no hope for the game anymore. 

Message 2 of 3 (661 Views)

@Knaveofspades1 wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. The game has long since been forgotten and swept under the rug. The servers are closed, you can no longer create an account, and EA has dropped all compatibility for more recent (Win7-present) operating systems. Since EA has cut ties with Maxis, SPORE's sole creator, there has not been (and probably never will be) a new add-on or patch to this game for several years. It was a fun game while it lasted, but it's about time for it to be put to rest. There's really no hope for the game anymore. 

Hi @Knaveofspades1

I must to correct you in 2 points.

1. The servers are still active and online. You can go online at any tim . You can create a persona or EA account

A separate spore account is no longer possible, because EA has put this account together. There is a master account and access for all games.

3. The studio was closed many years ago, so there is no successor.

Hope it answers your questions

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 3 of 3 (653 Views)