Re: ERROR 1004 FIX (EASY) (ORIGIN AND STEAM)

by Freggi-Liz

Original Post

ERROR 1004 FIX (EASY) (ORIGIN AND STEAM)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok, so if you bought the game, and got some expansions for it, chances are you will get an error telling you that the data directory can't be found, or something along those lines. So you look up "error 1004 spore" and find some fixes, however you see that you need to edit your registry entries, and that can be risky if oyu don't know what your doing. The reason you need to go in and do that, is because, windows sees some of the registry entries that the games uses, such as where the game's files are loctated, and is NOPE. YOU DON'T NEED THESE. And deletes them. However, a lot of people don't want to fix it with this method, because they are scared of breaking ther PC. I have created a file that will do this for you, and all you need to do is edit the install path, and double click it. It is a registry file, that will add the correct values for it. (The download link will be at the end)

======
STEPS:
======

right click the .reg file,
click edit, and replace "ENTER INSTALL LOCATION HERE" with the install location of the game. (Base game, not creepy & cute, or galactic adventures)
and replace the "ENTER DATA FOLDER HERE" with the path of the "Data" folder within the game files.
save it, and then double click the file.

=====
NOTE
=====

If you are nervous about installing a registry file from some fat nerd on the internet, you can right click the file, and click "Edit" and look at the code, to see that it is. in fact not a virus.

==========
DOWNLOAD
==========

Message 1 of 2 (3,107 Views)

Re: ERROR 1004 FIX (EASY) (ORIGIN AND STEAM)

Hi @RubyCxsey

I let you know , I've removed your link because you violated EA Terms of Service.

In addition, files between PC & Mac are not identical and work very specifically. Therefore, you can not simply use modified files from PC to Mac.
We have already here a lot of instructions to 1004 error

http://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter...

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 2 (3,089 Views)