Can't Connect To Online Gameplay (EA Servers) [PC CD-ROM]

by Aroig220

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Connect To Online Gameplay (EA Servers) [PC CD-ROM]

★★★ Newbie

I can not connect to the EA Servers and update the spore game which I installed via CD for PC.

My Computer has Windows 10 by now and I have createt my Spore- and  EA-Account  just today.

My Problem ist the following:

If I try to conect my actual Spore Game with the Spore Servers then this message

appears:      " Anmeldung gescheitert

Fehler bei der Verbindung mit den Spore Servern. Vielleicht ist dein Computer offline, oder es gibt Probleme mit deiner Internetverbindung.

Überprüfe deine Verbinung oder Besuche Spore.com, um Hilfe zu erhalten oder den Serverstatus zu betrachten."

This is german and can be translatet to something like: There is a problem with the connection with the Spore-Servers. Maby it has to do something with your Internet connection.

Check this or go to Spore.com to get help or to check the server state"

But my Internet connection is perfectly well so it has nothing to do with this.

I hope you can manage to help me (fast) so I can play with the updatet version of spore and can use the online functions of Spotr too.

Thank You

[I am sorry for my bad English skills but I am a student from Germany and try my best]

Message 1 of 9 (1,609 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Can't Connect To Online Gameplay (EA Servers) [PC CD-ROM]

★★★ Newbie

solved it by this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Solution-Spore-for-Steam-Can-t-log-in-to-servers/td-p/5114847

everything works now. Standard smile

@Freggi-Liz thank you for triyng to help, you are a good person Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,869 Views)

All Replies

Hallo @Aroig220

ein spore Account hast du bereits?

Wenn ja lösche mal die login.prop in Spore, du findest sie folgt.

• Double-click on My Computer.
  • Double-click on the C: drive.
  • Double-click on Documents and Settings.
  • Double-click on your User Name.
  • Double-click on Application Data.
  • Note: The Application Data folder may be hidden. To unhide it, go to the Tools menu and select Folder Options. Click on the View tab and select Show hidden files and folders in the Advanced Settings box.
  • Double-click Spore.
  • Then double-click Preferences.
  • This folder should contain the login.prop file. Right-click and delete this file and then restart Spore.

Dann versuche bitte noch diesen Trick, siehe meine Bilder http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Spore-Account-Creation-or-Login-Issues-FAQ/td-p/1428048/page/4

Nach dem Start tust du dich nicht gleich Anmelden, gehe ins Hauptmenü auf die Punkte - von da aus versuche nun den Login

Hoffe es hilft dir weiter!

Grüße

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 9 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Freggi-Liz 

i have the same trouble on windows 8 . I tried to follow your steps, but i cannot find where my spore  preferences is. I even unhide the secret folders, still cannot find it. Maybe it is because i have it installed via steam? Can you help? Also i tried asking on EA help, but im waiting a hour or more on live chat and nobody is responding Frown

Also sorry for bad english, im from Czechia, hope you understand. Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (1,561 Views)

Hi @9391666

Everything ok, I understand you. Standard smile But it should be there, if you have installed the game properly?!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data\

Or keep an eye here > 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/17390/discussions/0/864973123376073418/

Unfortunately, I know too little over installation path of Steam, I'm so sorry 

I hope this helps somethig

~ Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

———-
Message 4 of 9 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Freggi-Liz

thank you for advice

i found my spore folder in this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore

however, i still cannot find any Preferences.... it look like this:

http://nd06.jxs.cz/894/280/7ef90d4f46_103828687_o2.png

Also i tried following steps by "giantguy14" but it didnt do anything....Frown

Message 5 of 9 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

solved it by this:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/Solution-Spore-for-Steam-Can-t-log-in-to-servers/td-p/5114847

everything works now. Standard smile

@Freggi-Liz thank you for triyng to help, you are a good person Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (1,870 Views)

@9391666 Thanks so much for your kind praise and I'm touched. 🙂

It pleases me really that you can fixed.. Enjoy now Spore have fun with game.

Thanks for playing of Spore 👍🙂

———-
Message 7 of 9 (1,508 Views)

Re: Can't Connect To Online Gameplay (EA Servers) [PC CD-ROM]

★★ Novice

I got the same problem. And it does not work. I get the loginscreen for a split second, before it tells me "

There is a problem with the connection with the Spore-Servers. Maybe it has to do something with your Internet connection.

Check this or go to Spore.com to get help or to check the server state" 

If I use the key from the book that came with the game in Origin, 3 boxes comes up. 2 with some Asian chars and one with most European languages including English. So I click on that one. I get a green checkpoint on it, but nothing happens. The only way to get out of it, is to click the X, but then you are back to scratch. I registered games to origin via CD.s before. I've also connected to my EA account via the Spore game before, even though I remember I did have some problems now and then, but it always fixed itself as long as I kept trying (most problems was me not remember my login information.)

So I clearly got a working interconnection, EA says their servers are up, I can log into my spore account online, but not from the game. The solution put under her does not work in my case as stated above.

Why does my game claims I don't have an internet connection or that the servers are not online wich is not the case? And how does I fix it?

Message 8 of 9 (1,125 Views)

Re: Can't Connect To Online Gameplay (EA Servers) [PC CD-ROM]

★★★★★ Newbie
Still haven't found a solution?
Message 9 of 9 (756 Views)