Skate 4?

by EdBelorusse

Original Post

Re: Skate 4

★★★ Newbie
Has anybody told you lately that you should make skate 4? Cause you should... Make skate 4... Make it... Just don't even think about it... just make it. Thank you.
P.S.
Make it.
Message 90 of 269 (4,747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you have to print new copies of Skate3 after it has been out of print to keep up with demand; that should give you enough indication a sequal is warranted.. and released on XBONE, PS4 and most importantly PC.

Message 91 of 269 (4,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Like everyone else here, I would also love to see Skate 4 come out someday. Not to mention as of last week Skate 3 finally went up on xbox games on demand. So, of course I bought a digital version of it. I still play it as well, and still love it just as much as I did in 2010 and before. It saddens me that Skate Reel and Create have been retired. Frankly, Reel was a huge hobby for me for some time back in the day. Transferring video files and editing them with music and montages on youtube. I loved all that. Skate Reel is what kept me coming back all these years. 
With that said, however, let's be realistic. I'm not trying to be a **bleep** about all this; Rumors and such. The begging and all that. You see, I want Skate 4 just as much as you all do. However, I do believe that it is doubtful that we will be getting a Skate 4 for a couple of reasons. Rewind to Skate Reel and Create. Remember, they retired these features due to the fact that the traffic of players were "dwindling" and that it was not "feasable" to keep the pages and features current and up to date. Ultimately, web pages, code, production and everything that goes into video games, regardless the company giant making them, it all costs money. Money, overhead, time, and even dedication. I believe EA (Black Box) poured their hearts and souls into these games. In my opinion, it shows how much they loved what they were creating. However, as time went on less and less people were playing it. Less and less people were logging onto the prvided servers. 
Yes EA is a corporate powerhouse. In my opinion they always will be. Do I agree with them all the time? Definitely not, but I, like millions of other games and sports fans (especially) EA is sticking to the tried and true method of games. Sports games. (NHL and NBA for next gen was an extreme disappointment, but they still provide the players with the best sports experience. They will also continue with all their other powerhouse games over the years. However, I feel to them Skate is burried and gone. It was time to move on to bigger things. Like every other powerhouse company. Call it greed. Or even say that they suck now for not releasing Skate 4. but fact remains that EA Games (EA Sports) and others sister companies will continue releasing what they see as relevant. And as a result.... We as consumers and gamers will continue to buy, play, enjoy or even complain about them. 
I want a Skate 4. We all do. EA.... Please listen. 
Readers; I don't think you'll be getting a Skate 4 anytime soon. It's possible, but extremely doubtful. If someday they decide to produce it - It'll be under wraps, contracts, agreements, promises, and silence... even under law and oath, that we will be the last to know. So, don't waste time asking and begging them for an answer. You'll get one when and if ever they are ready. 

Message 92 of 269 (4,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please put longboards, racing would make sense with longboards plus sliding and longboards are fast as hell. but no to hipster pin tail cruising bs. then if  put longboards, they can put out wider decks shapped for pool skating. no weather as who skates in the rain?! have different sized wheels geared for different styles of skating. different bearings too. ow and in game graphic creator. please ea. after you let go alot of the original development team (my friend was one of them), PLEASE do not make it a manual trickline fest or make it a flop like how you f-cked up ssx. keep it as a skate game or just sell the rights to bongfish, i want trouble andrews back in a skate game too lol. the park creator needs more of unlimited options, tired of people having to glitch the creator to make amazing parks. so ea, do not kill this amazing skate series as its been well over due for skate 4 and it needs to be a skaters dream from all sides of skateboarding in real life lol then take from that and make a proper ssx as i snowboard and want a better true to life snowboard game. in the offseason of snowboarding, its a sad, lonly wait for winter lol

Message 93 of 269 (4,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its not fact of funding by ea, its more along the lines of this. blackbox was a contracted company to ea, ea didnt own blackbox. about 2009 to 2011, the game industry got hit hard and lots of companies struggled. so blackbox eventually went under and ea bought blackbox. BUT if you look at the news in vancouver about ea, they were having crazy amounts of layoffs and that included the employees of black box, my buddie was one of them.  

so for ea, they are in a weird spot with this game series. they could make another but it might not be the skate feeling we got now lol id be fine if the ported it to that ea play service and kept the servers running because skatefluckit.com must not die lol

ps, montages are for fps call of duty and weddings. for skateboarding, they are called edits lol

Message 94 of 269 (4,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Would do anything for a new Skate game! Skate 3 was so close to perfect but now need one to play on PS4.

My biggest request would be to the multiplayer - Skate 3 online had so much potential but the servers never worked. Would have been so keen to try the skate team vs. mechanic but could never join someones team and lobby without the servers failing. Would have been great if a "team" was just a party you joined a lobby with (as with the likes of COD etc)

Also the local multiplayer got ditched for Skate 3 which was gutting (& my biggest pet peeve of modern games).

Easily my favourite series but definitely room to iron out some kinks and create an absolute classic!

Viva La Skate 4!

Message 95 of 269 (4,073 Views)

Skate 4

★ Novice
Skate. The very definition means great game. EA has a good reputation for great games but they can make some bad decisions. Such as: No Skate 4. I think that there should be a change. So many people want it. Out of all the games you have to stop making a series on, why does it have to be the Skate series? Trust me, EA will grow more and more popular if you just make games AND continue making the series' that people like. People like, no, LOVE the Skate series. The entire Skate series has gotten atleast an 8.4 out of 10 (Based off of IGN comunity reviews). So please EA, please make millions of peoples wishes come true and atleast CONSIDER about making Skate 4.

~Jason Kabar
Message 96 of 269 (2,119 Views)

Skate 4?

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA are you doing an other skate game soon?

Message 97 of 269 (5,519 Views)

Re: Skate 4?

Hero (Retired)
Its not currently announced. No information on this is available at this time.
Message 98 of 269 (7,096 Views)

PS4

★★ Newbie

hi,i just want to know if will be any virsion of skate that will work on ps4? maybe skate 4 or maybe just a remake of skate 3 for ps4

thanks

Message 99 of 269 (1,976 Views)