Skate 3/Xbox 360 - EA server not available

by Rhys_Cake

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skate 3/Xbox 360 - EA server not available

★★★ Newbie
I've been unable to play Skate 3 online for the past 2 days now, when I try to connect to EA nation I always get the message "The EA server is not available at this time" why is this?
Message 1 of 54 (119,763 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skate 3/Xbox 360 - EA server not available

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello all, 

This worked when trying to fix this issue for my son when he was having the problem and i have had to do it a few times already and it works like a charm almost every time for us.  

1. Clear your system cache on all drives; flash, HDD, etc. 

2. Disconnect from the internet on your console so you don't have a network connection

3. Open your system settings and edit the data/time of the console by going to Console Settings > System > Clock and change the time.  Note: it will only allow you to change the time to your own manual time if you are disconnected from Xbox Live.  Then change the time to 11/22/2005 1200 AM.

4. Now restart your console. 

5. Once the system is back on let it reconnect to the network and Xbox Live which will update your time to the current time based on your time zone. 

6. Once you do this and your system is back on and you are connected to Xbox Live, start the game and it "should" let you connect to EA Nation again. 

Again I have done this multiple times for my son and it works every time.  It is a hassle and takes a few minutes but again, it has always worked for us.  I just saw the answer wasn't posted here and thought I would list it and maybe someone at EA can figure out why this works and what might be causing the issue.  As a Server Engineer I think it might have something to do with the time sync of the servers between EA and Xbox live on the accounts but that is just me. I was checking for forums to see if there was another solution for this yet but I guess not as of yet.  Hope this helps some people fix their stuff. 

View in thread

Message 27 of 54 (70,832 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@Rhys_Cake 

Everything looks normal at the moment.

If this issue persists, please try the following solutions:

1. Try re downloading/ re installing the Share pack code for free.
    The share pack code is now available for free in the PlayStation Store and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

2. Make sure your PSN ID / GamerTag is properly linked to your EA/Origin Account especially if you have recently change your email address.
    Directions for adding your PSN or Xbox Live ID to your EA Account can be found here.

3. Clear your console cache

Message 2 of 54 (119,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that didn't help

Message 3 of 54 (119,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is happening to me aswell, it says problem connecting to ea online service!

Message 4 of 54 (117,897 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok so I had the same problem but I just did everything you said to do and it still says the servers are down (which I know isn't true becasue my friend is online right at this moment) and all I want to do is freeskate with him.

Message 5 of 54 (117,862 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know how it works digital and disc versions on Xbox , but on PS3 I have a disc version and I have the same problem. All time time that I try connect to play team modes online and watcht other gamers content, the game show me the message " You can't connect EA servers this time"

Message 6 of 54 (117,829 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is the exact same for me, except for xbox 360 that is.

Message 7 of 54 (117,826 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm writting in behalf of a group of 8 people who have been trying to connect to the EA servers for the past 4 days. Online seems to be working but many features are unavailable due to being unable to connect to the servers. We cannot rate stuff or make a skating team.

We are achievement hunters and are trying to complete the game achievement wise. I'd like to know if the servers have been definitively shut down (as the 29th April 2013 it was announced but, even after the date, people have been able to connect to those servers and get the achievements related to them).

We have already tried every suggestion we have read in all the forums, so please, you need to realize that this is an EA problem. As I've said, we are a group of 8 people from all over the world and none can connect right now.

What I want to know is if you guys are doing something to really fix it or if the servers have been definitively shut down forever. As we, the customers, cannot do a thing to solve the problem. I want to have the information so I can share it with the community of achievement hunters on Trueachievements.

Thanks

Message 8 of 54 (117,496 Views)

★★★ Novice
This guy is telling the truth, people are still able to access the skate 3 online services but others can't, and no matter what EA tell us to do to solve the problem, none of it works. All I want is an answer, even if the skate 3 servers have been shut down, how come some people can connect to them and even if they have been shut down, Skate 3 has become very popular recently so why can't they put the servers back up until a later date. Even if the servers cost money to run, they will probably make lots more money, and it's not like EA are gonna go bankrupt because of it. So give us the truth, help us with our problems and if it's the case. Put the servers back up.
Message 9 of 54 (117,482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I accidently posted something twice so I'm just going to type this here in stead of having two of the same posts.

Message 10 of 54 (117,482 Views)