Skate.reel and Skate Graphics

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skate.reel and Skate Graphics

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Skate.reel and Skate Graphics Announcement

We are sad to announce that as of April 29, The Skate.Reel and Skate.Graphics features will be retired.

The decisions to retire online features are never easy.

Our web development team and operational staff have poured their hearts into this game almost as much as the customers using them, and it is hard to see them retired.

But the number of players still enjoying Skate has dwindled to a point where it’s no longer feasible to continue the behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these websites up and running.

We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of Skate.Reel and Skate.Graphics and we appreciate your ongoing patronage.

Note: we have updated this message in order to answer to the frequently asked questions you have posted  on the forum.

For more details please click on 'Go to Solution.'

Message 1 of 121 (37,333 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skate.reel and Skate Graphics Announcement

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Since the Skate.reel and Skate Graphics Announcement many players have posted their comments and questions regarding the game and the effects of this decision.

The website and therefore the Skate.Graphics web tool are no longer available. We have had the opportunity to see many players’ creations in the gallery and we are sure you enjoyed it as much as we did. We understand that this may be disappointing and although the skate.Graphic tool has been removed, we are still collecting your feedback in this regards and we are following all your comments. 

Besides that, as you may have noticed, the Share pack is now available for free. (Skate Share Pack / Sony Entertainment Network - Skate Share Pack  / Xbox Live)
Although Skate.Reel has been retired, the content can still be shared within the game so the skate share pack is still available and is now free of charge.
For the same reasons the Filmer Pack add-on has been removed as this was an upgrade to the Skate.reel feature.

Regarding the achievements, please note that the ‘Artsy Fartsy’ and ‘Constructive Criticism’ achievements can be unlocked in game.

Other than this, there has been a lot of speculation and questions around a new skate title.
In order to avoid any confusion, up to now, please note that no announcement has been made regarding a new Skate game. If this change we will let you know.

For the latest news and game announcements from EA, be sure to keep an eye on ea.com.

Also if you want to receive the latest news, events and promotions for selected EA's products, you can select ‘Skate’ in your Contact Preferences from Origin:

1. Go to www.origin.com/about
2. Log in with your Origin Account
3. Once you're logged in navigate to Privacy settings
4. Scroll down to 'Contact Preferences'
5. Ensure 'Skate’ is checked
7. Select the Update button

Skate 3.JPG

The Answer HQ forum is still available if you want to leave a comment but you can also participate and help some other players for their gameplay questions. 

Thanks to all the members who are sharing their knowledge, their enthusiasm and their gaming experience with the entire community!

View in thread

Message 25 of 121 (19,313 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Why?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confusedmileysurprised:

Message 2 of 121 (37,099 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought the game today, saying I could make my graphics and videos, but now it's GONE?!!

Seriously EA, do you guys think I like to throw away my money?! I have Skate 2, which is now basically better than Skate 3 because of the missing features.

I should've burned my money instead of giving it to you guys. 

And, please blame the economy more. I will not pay for a single EA game ever again.

-A very disappointed customer, which is shaking it's head because of greed of EA.

Message 3 of 121 (37,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thats such a disappiontment 

Message 4 of 121 (37,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That was a big mistake this was the main reason I played skate 3 and would have bought a skate 4 now I will not bother. It would be a waste of money

Message 5 of 121 (36,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

wow no wonder i couldnt find the *skate.create  in the new "origin" , seriously  im done.

Message 6 of 121 (36,939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Whoa, what the hell, EA?
First you charge us for Party Play, which is total BS, and then you take away one of the best things about this game?! WHY?? What is wrong with you?

Message 7 of 121 (36,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im pissed for sure ea even though this was a bad way to go if your making skate 4 make it worth something its gotta be the best skate game to play if not why waste my time on you hopefully this game will be so good that youll put it on 3ds then I will have a different opinion on you

Message 8 of 121 (36,922 Views)

★ Novice

Ummmm i have been playing skate 3 since the beginning bought all the DLC content that was more than the game and you guys cant even keep a website open im pretty sure theres enough money that ea gets from people downloading all the map and skate create packs to go around without this website the game is useless. Team grpahics will be default pieces of shi*t team parks won't have custom logos on them WTF this is unbelieveable better get skate 4 to come out soon or people are gunna be pretty pissed

Message 9 of 121 (36,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Imagine if someone didn't know that skate.reel is gone and they bought the filmer pack, I could feel sorry for that person.

Message 10 of 121 (36,747 Views)