simcity complaints

by sm-t701

Original Post

simcity complaints

★★★ Apprentice

EA,

Do you think you could put aside your greed for money and introduce some fairness to all players of this game?

1) Tax collection, in the real world cities would go broke or would not even exist with the miniscule tax base we have in game play. And to the community mangers: you are wrong this is not fair. So spare us the excuses that you think are fairness to the players.

Tax collection on 1,000,000 Sims in this game is around $20,000 per day that is only $7.3 million per year.

In the community were I live in the real world the population is 25,139 people. Average people per household is 3.1 according to last census. That's 8109.35 households. Property tax on households average around $5,600 per year. Doing the math 8,109 * $5,600 = $45,410,400.

Now as you can see we are talking about 25,139 people vs 1,000,000 people. Taxes on 28,139 people are 6.2 times higher than the taxes on 1,000,000 Sims. Moreover 1,000,000 people are 39.77 more than 25,139 so when you multiply $45,410,400 times 39.77 you get an annual budget of $1,805,971,608 for those 1,000,000 Sims we have living in our cities.

Now to be fair I would not expect a game to be on par with the real world but there is a huge disparity in $7.3 million and $1.8 billion potential SImoleans. Put another way $7.30 per person in my real world community would equate to an annual budget of $183,514.70 for 25,139 people.

Like I said in the beginning of this post my real world township would not even exist on this kind of money.

2) Fairness of the COM, assignments in this contest use up enormous amounts of resources, we don't have this fairness in our tax collection to support the amounts we spend on this COM.

3) Time intervals between cargo deliveries and air ship deliveries. Up to 17 hours between air ship deliveries. For an example: COM assignment is for three deliveries at 17 hours is beyond max time for assignment. Even if you wait and collect items for the first shipment before starting the assignment - you are still using up 51 hours. Waste of time. We could be building and upgrading our cities. Again depleting our resources.

4) Amount of resources needed at levels 50 and above to upgrade buildings is completely unreasonable compared to when we first started our cities.

All in all EA you have not introduced fairness to game play but instead are making it so hard that it makes one not want to play at all.

1. Have spent over $1.2 million on road upgrades.

2. Have spent over $1 million on commercial buildings and their upgrades

3) Have spent over $.6 million on factories

4) Have spent over $2.5 million on city services and protection

5) Have spent over $.5 million on departments

I could go on and have the spreadsheets to prove all of this. So could you introduce a little fairness to this game by increasing the VERY MUCH needed tax dollars so that we can grow our cities? Paying real money for Simcash is not the only aspect of this game.

SM-t701

Message 1 of 1 (1,161 Views)