contest of mayors

by Toby-G-211

Original Post

Re: Got screwed in the contest of mayors

★ Guide
Very Nice city. Thanks for posting it. I am amazed by the new epic buildings, I was checking out people's city's while playing today. Some awesome buildings, not from my city, but I would love to get them. Check these out. Wow, they are epic, I'm looking to get the third one, can't figure out its specialization? Awesome game
Message 71 of 243 (1,454 Views)

★ Guide
Back on topic how's the contest of mayors going? Has anyone noticed any changes, this round? I haven't done very well 3X now in the town league, great players, tough league. I think the prizes changed or something, more interested in changes to the contest in general? Points, assignments ect.? But would love to know any changes people have noticed?
Message 72 of 243 (1,449 Views)

★★ Guide

The highest point award I've seen is 2400.  Even Earn 5 Gold Keys was 2400 vs 5000.  All of the high point assignments have been reduced.  I haven't completed an assignment in 24 hours and am intentionally positioning myself in 3rd to get 8 gold keys.  I have 2 assignments ready to collect at any time, but waiting to see if anyone passes me up.  If I do any of the ones I have ready it would put me in 2nd and I don't want 2nd. I want 3rd.  

I'm pretty well poised for it, but the down side is that my factories and one commercial building are stuck on hold until I know that 3rd is secured.  I still have 2 assignments left, so figured those under might also, so need to wait.

I've also notice more of a variety in the assignments.  Before it was mostly produce assignments with a few non-produce assignments mixed in.  Now it looks like a variety of different types of assignments. (See attached)

Message 73 of 243 (1,442 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The price for the assignments have been reduced, I'd say. In city league I still had two of 3000 point ones (it didn't save me from finishing on the 5th and being now on 11th place 2days before the end of this current session Frown) Good luck to everyone, who is still fighting!

Message 74 of 243 (1,430 Views)

★★ Guide

@pengamia wrote:

I still had two of 3000 point ones!

What were your 3000 point assignments?

Message 75 of 243 (1,422 Views)

★ Guide
Awesome! Gotta get em. Looking for the panda and gorilla sanctuary pictures. Would love to see them. Time to break out the debit card, it's for a great cause.
Message 76 of 243 (1,403 Views)

★ Guide
Found them, love it.
Message 77 of 243 (1,400 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SomeSimGuy wrote:

@pengamia wrote:

I still had two of 3000 point ones!

What were your 3000 point assignments?

Upgrades to particular residences (I think, they were both times "3 London residential zones")

Message 78 of 243 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

I got promoted from neighborhood league to suburban, then I was not able to play due to work and other engagements, now I was placed back to neighborhood league. Is this fair? Why can't  the game remember where you were last and when you do have time to play again continue from there? At this rate  people who don't always have the time will never have the chance at all to get to the higher leagues. I have noticed the same about the epic projects. I don't always have the time nor the willpower to play entire days. This again very unfair for people who work, have family obligations and just not willing to waste an entire day playing games. Why there is no option to continue from where you left off? There could be hefty requirement to do this, but at least you are not starting each time from the start line again. It would make it fair to those people who would like to play and reach certain goals, but not at the price of spending all their free time on it?

Message 79 of 243 (1,381 Views)

★★ Guide

@J5K5 wrote:

Why can't  the game remember where you were last and when you do have time to play again continue from there?

This is one of those..... You can't please everyone kind of questions.  I don't want to be stuck in a higher league and never be able to move down to a lower one.  Especially when I can bounce back and forth between Town league and City League and earn more gold keys than if I moved up leagues.  It really depends more on what motivates you to play the contest.

In the end, it's a more fair system to have those move up and those who don't play this week to move down keeping the higher leagues with active players.  Otherwise, as people move on from the game you'll have half of every league not even playing the contests because those users aren't playing the game anymore.  I just wish they would make it more clear on the Leaderboard who was moving down.  That way I could, at a glance, tell if I was in a position to move down. 

Message 80 of 243 (1,371 Views)