contest of mayors

by Toby-G-211

Original Post

Re: Got screwed in the contest of mayors

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
CONTINUED: My assignments (25) are finished.
Message 51 of 243 (1,353 Views)

★ Guide

I must have missed the announcement that EA had become a non-profit business. To say that their motivation is for profit would be to state the obvious. Aren't most companies in business to make a profit? Aren't the companies that we work for in business to make a profit. The money that funds your paycheck doesn't fall from the sky

granted we all hate EA.. But all the things that we complain about are what makes this game challenging. If it was easy it would be boring. Maybe those who score higher than we do are just better players than we are. How could that be?

I also missed  the memo that stated the this game promised to be fair. Could the perception that it is unfair actually be sour grapes?

lets look at it from another perspective. Why would a customer who admittedly doesn't spend money on a product expect to be treated as a priority? The reality is as customers we do spend money and still get rotten service from our vendors. Can you say ATT?

to play this game is optional. If you don't like it don't play it. If you think EA is lying or cheating us, maybe you should write your Congressman!

Message 52 of 243 (1,341 Views)

★★ Guide

@bettysadog wrote:

granted we all hate EA..

I've heard multiple people say this over the last few weeks.   I don't hate EA.  In fact, EA has brought some of the best entertaining games for decades.  I still bring out Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle Earth from time to time, which is on my Top 5 EA games of all time.  I love most of EA's games that are not sports games.  It's only been since this micro-transaction craze that game developers have gotten onto that people have turned from love to hate.  You may have personal preferences like someone who doesn't like Lord of the Rings probably wouldn't like The Battle for Middle Earth, but that's a personal preference thing and not actual hatred for a company producing entertainment for the masses.

I can say I hate the micro-transactions.  I can see paying one set price for a game, but never a game that you pay for over and over again, which is why I play the free side of them and ignore the pay side.  There was no free part of The Battle for Middle Earth.  It was one set price, you pay it, you play it.  EA has made SimCity BuildIt in a fashion that you don't have to pay for it at all.  Things are slow going if you don't, but you don't have to pay, then with the addition of Epic Projects, I really have nothing at all to complain about for a game that hasn't cost me a cent. 

Message 53 of 243 (1,331 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow, this thread is so filled with emotions -- this contest is a hit for sure! Wink Well, I personally do not think that something is rigged: just look at your posts--without paying anything we are, the free riders, are constantly get to the top of the list. Often we cannot stay there, unfortunately, and for that I have a small proposition for EA: some little gifts of aknowlegment would be appreciated. I don't know, may be one smallest speed token for every time a player got to the first place in his group? Because it is a little sad to finish on the very top two days before the end of the contest, and just watch yourself slipping down from your throne to the bottom over next hours without ability to change anything.

Message 54 of 243 (1,330 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also do not hate EA. Actually, I'm quite grateful to the guys: several times I thought I'd built enough in my city and the game became rather old, but then the new update with new content appeared and kept me from boredom. And all that free of any charge (except for time, obviously)! So, yea, thank you EA! Standard smile

Message 55 of 243 (1,328 Views)

★ Guide

@SomeSimGuy wrote:

@bettysadog wrote:

granted we all hate EA..

and thats the only thing you took away from my post? 

Then I dont think you got the point I was trying to make. I dont particularly hate EA either. I also dont use this forum to complain about everything. 

However, I am choosing to now "waste my time" playing the game we all love instead of wasting my time posting to these forums...

Thanks for helping me see the light

Message 56 of 243 (1,318 Views)

★★ Guide

@bettysadog wrote:

@SomeSimGuy wrote:

@bettysadog wrote:

granted we all hate EA..

and thats the only thing you took away from my post? 

No, that wasn't the only thing I took from the post.  I agree with most everything you said.  That was the only part of it I felt warranted additional comments due to multiple people making that statement over the last couple weeks.

Message 57 of 243 (1,316 Views)

★ Guide
From an earlier post: I've said from the start it's all about money/greed and still believe it to be true. Someone in one of the posts said "ea needs to make money somehow", and I think he makes a lot of sense, ea and maxis made an awesome game, they have to protect it (security) and pay programmers and I know blah, blah, blah but if it were your app wouldn't you want to profit from it. Yeah, I would want to get paid for my hard work. It's a business not a charity, maybe one day unicef will get into the app business but right now ea is running the show. This game is about building a city, not some rigged contest. Are any of you proud of yours? Post some pictures of your art here and be proud, instead of fighting. No, didn't think so. Sunset Strip Lvl 75 - 2.1 million happy llamas. Enjoy your game.
Message 58 of 243 (1,301 Views)

★ Guide
Who's the best mayor?
Message 59 of 243 (1,300 Views)

★ Guide
I am!
Message 60 of 243 (1,299 Views)