am i able to erase my game data?

by hydeloon

Original Post

am i able to erase my game data?

★★★ Newbie
I logged in simcity with facebook and google account.
I want to restart the game so delete app and reinstall it. But when i tried to logged in again with my google account, it just insist to load my game data that i wanted to delete. So I tried erase the data with 'google setting':clear app datas, but it doesn't work.... What do i have to do to erase my game data?
Message 1 of 15 (8,966 Views)

Re: am i able to erase my game data?

EA Staff

If you are logged in with your Facebook/Google Play account then it is not possible to reset your city or start over.

Message 2 of 15 (8,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not logged in with any social network.

how do I start over?

Message 3 of 15 (8,716 Views)

EA Staff

If you were not logged in and were playing anonymously then you could try the steps in the following thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Support/restarting-in-simcity-build-it/td-p/3811209

Message 4 of 15 (8,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ok. done it. but now, as I try to log into google play games, it asks me to reinstate the old game. which I do not want anymore.

I gather from earlier post that it is not possible to delete that game.

is it correct?

Message 5 of 15 (8,453 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I to reset my game and I was able to disconnect it from both Facebook and Google on goggle I went to my apps and then it's was a red link that asked me to discounted and on Facebook same thing you go to your apps dins the app and disconnet, then when I went to sign back in it asked me if I wanted my old data I said no and it worked...
Message 6 of 15 (8,348 Views)

★★★★ Novice
On my phone I had to go into the setting choose apps then cleared the data and it worked fine hopefully that helps....
Message 7 of 15 (8,346 Views)

Please, implement reset City Option

★★ Novice
I think many people want this feature.

Dont know if this is in your plans.

Btw the game is amazing.
Message 8 of 15 (8,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will it be a fix for that?

Like the diallog could ask, There are a previous saved game, Load old one? Overwrite the old one by saving this? Cancel? 

Message 9 of 15 (7,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I messed up with my old city, so I erased everything and started over. But now I can't reconnect my new city to Facebook, cause it holds the data of my old city. Is there a wat to fix this(without losing my new city?)? iPhone user btw
Message 10 of 15 (7,919 Views)