Why do bots keep asking to join my club?

by Daximus1977

Original Post

Why do bots keep asking to join my club?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
All I get are obvious bots asking to join my club. I inspect their city and it's just a randomly generated sh*t pile. If I accept them, they never chat and never compete in contests. They just take up space. Out of 25 spots I have maybe 8 real players. It's annoying.

Oh and I'm getting requests from these bots to join my club when they are ALREADY IN ANOTHER CLUB!! So there's no way to accept them, not like I would anyways.

Fix this!!!!!!
Message 1 of 4 (670 Views)

Re: Why do bots keep asking to join my club?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It sounds like you believe these requests are computer generated. I don't. I believe these requests are made by people...just can't bring myself to call them players...These people use multiple accounts to, UNFAIRLY, gain extra storage, factories, commercial buildings, and extra trade center(s). Usually, I've found, these people DO compete, just not with the account they send the request from. I also believe they DO participate in chat, but only with their primary account. They don't have time to chat with us unless they are in desperate need of something. It seems to me that the only reason they send requests to join our clubs, (with their extra accounts), is to have easy access to what we are selling. In other words, I believe that they target players who are active sellers during the hours they "play". What we can do is NOT accept any requests from OBVIOUS dummy accounts, but then we risk turning down a REAL beginner. Not cool. I say what we could do INSTEAD is: accept everyone's request, but, after a certain length of time of "inactivity" or "non-participation", (could be a week, two weeks, a month), exercise our right as club president to remove these people.

Message 2 of 4 (588 Views)

★ Apprentice
That's a good thought but I still believe these "dummy accounts" are server generated to increase the player base, even if they are fake bots. I've got my two VP's rejecting them at request. I'm not letting them in my club.
Message 3 of 4 (562 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You might very well be right about the accounts being server generated. I guess its  just wishful thinking, in this day and age, to believe that we're actually playing with, and against, REAL people. lol. My bad.

Message 4 of 4 (556 Views)