Re: Why can't EA reverse my transaction?

by tttony1973

Original Post

Why can't EA reverse my transaction?

★★★ Apprentice

I have been playing SimCity BuildIt for years now and have had very few issues.  Recently, my account had an issue where $1,000 in SimCash was spent inadvertently for something I have absolutely no use for....(Simoleans....I have plenty).  I contacted support with all the details needed to reverse the transaction, but all I got was canned answers and an unsatisfactory resolution.  Why would I ever consider spending money on this game if the support is not there for your most active users?!?

All I am asking for is that the original transaction be reversed and my SimCash balance restored.  I worked months to earn them and anything short of a full refund is insulting.  I'm not asking for anything special...I just want the transaction reversed!  Why can't anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (2,259 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still waiting for an answer on this EA....

Message 2 of 9 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still waiting and being ignored by EA.  

Message 3 of 9 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

third bump...still waiting, but no action taken by EA.  Let this be a warning to everyone else.  Don't make a mistake because EA won't do much to help you.

Message 4 of 9 (2,095 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Have you tried reversing via Apple or google play? EA are the last people I’d contact for this, I’d always go to the ap store first and report it as a mistaken payment to the game. 

Message 5 of 9 (2,078 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well...fortunately no real cash changed hands.  However, I'm putting this out there for anyone else saving for anything big.  If anything goes wrong it's on you and EA won't do much to help.  Just be warned I guess.  The fact that they haven't even acknowledged this thread should be warning enough.

I've been a daily user since the game came out and saving for large purchases takes months of work.  One stray click while my phone was in my pocket and 1,000 SimCash was spent.  EA did basically nothing to research the problem.  I was just dismissed with a 250 credit....nice, but not what I was looking for at all.

Thanks for the idea though.

Message 6 of 9 (2,064 Views)

★ Novice

EA doesn't even read any of these problems in the forums, the forums is just for players and not for SCB employees or EA personal, if you have a in-game problem, you should contact EA directly, reference SCB, with your question. Although I am not an employee of EA or SCB, I do emphasis with you and hope this helps you.

Message 7 of 9 (2,051 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your input.  Unfortunately, they don't empathize like yourself.  In fact, they barely take the time to read the issues when you open a ticket.  It was just the same old stock answers that I've gotten on other issues and a token "gift".  What a shame.

Message 8 of 9 (2,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me and I submitted a ticket. They replied 48 hours later and gave me back 150 of my 1000 sim cash. That was better than nothing and I will be more careful in the future.

Message 9 of 9 (1,921 Views)