War ! Huh ! What is it good for?

by 1adam11

Original Post

Re: Club wars - Feedback

★★★ Newbie
My club won a war and I received war cards, but then when we started another one, the cards are no longer there. The card aspect is confusing because if I can’t get them for winning, then how else can I add attacks?
Message 41 of 317 (2,207 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Terrible idea. I'll be avoiding it. 

Message 42 of 317 (2,208 Views)

War ! Huh ! What is it good for?

★★ Novice

I have enjoyed playing Sim City for 2 years. There are many games I could play to "kill" my opponents. The main reason I enjoy SimCity is that it is constructive and not destructive.

i don't understand why you have added the "war" option. 

In addition, it affects all that I enjoy (war assignments for the group chest).

please could you remove this option. I think you took a wrong direction by adding this option. Your user base doesn't want it and would play other games if they did. 

Message 43 of 317 (2,209 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. First of all, congratulations on your new Club Wars feature. I hope it is very well received. I can see that those who have been playing Buildit for some time may welcome a new and very different facet to the game.  I am writing however to complain at an issue I quickly come across on the day Club Wars was introduced (and whilst I was in the middle of a Contest of Mayors). One of the assignments created during the contest was to MAKE WAR DELIVERIES, 5 for 2500 plumbob points. I have discovered though that to complete this assignment, I have go start a war, as apparently I can only make deliveries during a war. I have absolutely no interest in playing the Club War feature and I am sure some other members of my club won't either. This means however that I am being penalised for this choice as I cannot do this assignment. In my experience, completing an assignment with a certain plumbob value will beget another of a similar value, meaning I will not get another 2500 or 3000 plumbob task until the War Delivery one is completed or I start and cancel it (meaning I have used an assignment up without scoring points). Therefore, please can this type of assignment only appear to those who are already in a war?   I initially reported this issue on Wednesday, 11th of October and it has taken 3 days for a response which said only I should leave feedback on the website, which is what I have now done.  As you can see, I am adding my feedback to this forum too.

Since Wednesday, I now have three assignments that I cannot do - COLLECT WAR ITEMS, PUT OPPONENTS UNDER THE SHIELD and DO WAR DELIVERIES, leaving only low point assignments and severely limiting my choice of assignments.  I am trying to compete in the Contest of Mayors with as high a score as possible but find I am at a disadvantage to those players who choose the Club Wars feature and so can complete these types of assignments when I can't. 

Please can this situation be sorted out as soon as possible. I would really appreciate it, thank you.

Message 44 of 317 (2,225 Views)

★ Guide

Club Wars needs better matchmaking.  Our club is facing weak opponents that don't even play.  So we smash all their cities, and then that's it.  We wait 1.5 days for the event to finish.  Then we wait 2.5 days for the next awful event to start.  Then we repeat.

It would be nice to match an opponent that actually fights back.  Please fix matchmaking.

We are Level 74 average, 4.3 million average city.  We play teams with Level 18-29 cities with under 100,000 population.  It's terrible.

Thanks.

Message 45 of 317 (2,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

richieluv76: are you Level 55?  2.5 million?  CoM rank 20+?  If yes, come join our Club and we would love to have you experience Club Wars.  We are in war right now, but in 24h, search for Warlords.  Or find me on the Line app as: modernthinker.  Cheers.

Message 46 of 317 (2,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA have really messed up with this update. I do not want to play war games. If I did, I wouldn't be playing Sim City. I've made a lot of purchases within the game, so don't want to give up on it yet, but I do not want to have to join a club and try to destroy other cities. Why would I want to do that? There's enough conflict in the world without it having to encroach on what was a relaxing and (up until now) enjoyable game. So please EA, think again and either remove the club wars feature, or at least give us peace loving players the option to 'not participate' and that has to include not having to play club wars in order to compete in the club challenges. 

Message 47 of 317 (2,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So far I’m disappointed …

On the pro side:

- It doesn’t effect the core gameplay (you can just not participate and don’t have any negative sideeffects)

- I like the competitive idea (altough some sort of sports/olympia theme including cool buildings like stadiums and the like would have been a much better fit than a war theme! Pls no war buildings in future updates)

on the * side:

- it is very time consuming to get war supplies, especially if you compete for CoM. I’m already busy collecting points and barely have any extra time to wage wars with other mayors. The additional war supply tasks in CoM makes this worse, not better.

- the war supplies and diaster cards are completely random. I Finished and skipped a lot of deliveries, but still I dont’t get enough materials to launch a single disaster. But i could open up a duck and pliers museum instead.

- not being able to produce exactly the items I need removes any competitive aspect. It is pure luck if you win or loose depending on your rolls and the number of active mayors in your club

- the war items fill up storage space 

- the rewards are disappointing, you should at least include vu items in the rewards since there is no reliable way to get those yet.

- inactive members and differences in level and production speed make the whole feature very imbalaced. Our first war was a 10 against 1 (there was only one active mayor on the other team). Easy and boring for our club, very frustrating for the poor mayor on the other side.

Message 48 of 317 (2,237 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm sorry but this is a huge miss for me. Firstly the concept of a war does not fit with the build-it theme. Secondly the mechanics are tedious. War items so random, I can never get what I need to launch an attack. The war itself is so static. The rewards are not worth it.  This really needs to be removed from the game before we start losing people.

Message 49 of 317 (2,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another huge drawback is that as soon as the wars start Global HQ has no variety, all you see us burgers and sugar and sp.  you can never find what you need as everyone is using their items in exchange for war items.

Message 50 of 317 (2,206 Views)