Simcity buildit Facebook login issue

by illuminae05

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simcity buildit Facebook login issue

★★ Novice

I'm having problems connecting to Facebook from the game on my ipad. The message I get is "Facebook log in failed or was canceled. Please try again later."

This has been going on all week. Initially my log in did work the first time but now it doesn't. Also my friends can see my city but i can't even connect to FB to see their cities. Any way I can fix this? I tried deleting the FB app and reinstalling and try logging back into FB but no luck.

Message 1 of 18 (62,544 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simcity buildit Facebook login issue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Try the following which worked for me:

=============

It's also possible that there might be a problem with your Facebook permissions. If this is the case, please:
1) Make sure you're logged out of Facebook in the game
2) Delete the existing permissions by visiting your Facebook account from a non-mobile device and clicking 'Settings' > 'Apps' > Then hover over 'SimCity BuildIt' to see the 'Remove' option appear. (You might need to click 'Show All' below the Apps section if you don't see SimCity BuildIt appear straight away)
3) 'Remove' the app from this Facebook Apps list (please note, this will not delete your saved city!)
4) Go back into SimCity BuildIt on your device, then re-connect to Facebook. The permissions should then reappear.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (69,349 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happens to me.  I can see the FB icon but get this error after clicking it.  I can't add or see anyone through Facebook (I also don't know if any of my FB friends are playing).

Message 2 of 18 (62,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you get an answer on this?I only have the  programmed neighbor and I have friends that play

Message 3 of 18 (62,270 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Try the following which worked for me:

=============

It's also possible that there might be a problem with your Facebook permissions. If this is the case, please:
1) Make sure you're logged out of Facebook in the game
2) Delete the existing permissions by visiting your Facebook account from a non-mobile device and clicking 'Settings' > 'Apps' > Then hover over 'SimCity BuildIt' to see the 'Remove' option appear. (You might need to click 'Show All' below the Apps section if you don't see SimCity BuildIt appear straight away)
3) 'Remove' the app from this Facebook Apps list (please note, this will not delete your saved city!)
4) Go back into SimCity BuildIt on your device, then re-connect to Facebook. The permissions should then reappear.

Message 4 of 18 (69,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried this - the app does not show up in my FB.

Message 5 of 18 (61,919 Views)

★★ Novice
Basically have the same problem except it says mayor can't log on to this account because it is already linked and I'm not linked to any other account lol
Message 6 of 18 (60,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried the potential solution and still have no option.

I do the log in with facebook on the settings or the connect to facebook via the neighbours and neither ever updates. I am able to see the app on the non-mobile version of Facebook.

Message 7 of 18 (60,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has there been an update on this yet? As I'm getting the same issue. Loads through to Facebook but just jumps back to the game. I think it's an iPad issue only
Message 8 of 18 (60,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Tried all that as well as the instructions sent by the help desk. I was told this problem would be fixed with the latest update ! It is not please advise on your next set of instruction since the last failed!!

Solved
Message 9 of 18 (60,111 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Has your Game Center continously kicked you out ..... Constantly refreshing is a pain , it's bad enough Facebook doesn't work
Message 10 of 18 (60,112 Views)