Re: SimCity Buildit on iPad Pro screen is black but can still hear the game

by caryman2u2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After 10.3.3 update, game loads to black screen on 12.9" 2nd gen iPad Pro. Help!

★★★ Novice

After I updated to iOS 10.3.3 yesterday, the game only boots to a black screen on my 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9. I have force quit the app, hard reset the iPad, and even deleted the game and reinstalled, but it will not get past the black screen. I can hear sounds, and quit the game normally, so it's not locked up, or crashed in the traditional sense, but the screen is completely black, so it's obviously un playable. Right now I can only play on my iPhone, which sucks. The phone is also on 10.3.3, but the game loads normally there. 

Im guessing it's an issue that needs an update, but I wasn't able to find anyone else complaining of this issue. 

Message 2 of 93 (6,057 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: After 10.3.3 update, game loads to black screen on 12.9" 2nd gen iPad P

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

A new update for the game is available to download from the App Store, which should fix this issue. Could you please download and try the new version of the game in your iPads?

Thank you,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 83 of 93 (4,074 Views)

All Replies

SimCity Buildit on iPad Pro screen is black but can still hear the game

★★★ Newbie

I recently upadated the game on both my iPad Pro 12.9 and my iPhone 7 Plus.  The game is still working on my iPhone properly but on my iPad the screen turns black after the game loads. I know the game is running because I hear everything but all I see is a black screen.  Both my iPad and iPhone are running the iOS 11 beta so I don’t see how that could be an issue unless the iPad build is different.  

Message 1 of 93 (5,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Mee too! Shocked Since yesterday after updating to 10.3.3

One hour before I played it with the previous IOS version.

I also have a 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9" and on my iPhone it works.

Message 3 of 93 (6,015 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, ios 10.3.3 on iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen goes to black while still loading the app. If EA doesn't update then you a sol until ios 11.

Message 4 of 93 (5,997 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. 2nd gen iPad Pro and 10.3.3 update gives black screen. I can't complete my mayor challenges now 😩

Message 5 of 93 (5,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I tweeted them - heard nothing. 

Message 6 of 93 (5,666 Views)

★ Apprentice

☹️ Hope that they get it sorted out soon as I am missing out on my mayor challenges and other stuff I want to get on with. 

Message 7 of 93 (5,641 Views)

★ Apprentice

Me too - have same problem. Emailed Tech support - but nothing yet.

Message 8 of 93 (5,633 Views)

★★ Novice

Same Here

ios10.3.3 on iPas 12.9 v2 = black screen

Message 9 of 93 (5,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Updated my ipad pro today and the simcity screen is just blank.  When I do a hard power down and up and restart the game I hear a woman's voice say something in non-English and then nothing.  Very frustrating. 

Message 10 of 93 (5,601 Views)