Resolution Problem Galaxy Tab A

by KeanoAthletic

Original Post

Resolution Problem Galaxy Tab A

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys!

I'm having a problem at the moment and I can't seem to find the answer despite doing research/google the issue.

Problem: The resolution suddenly changed in the game and icons such as nails, wood etc are a lot smaller now. The town is showing in less quality now and I have to zoom everywhere to pick up nails, money etc. It's annoying as hell and almost unplayable.

I haven't updated the tablet so that can't be the problem. Some sources were telling about a Samsung game tuner app, but my tablet refused to install that one. 

I did a reboot, shut off other apps etc, but the problem has been there for over two days now.

Is there maybe a solution available? I can't see myself continuing playing the game if it stays like this to be honest.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7 (1,693 Views)

Re: Resolution Problem Galaxy Tab A

★ Guide

Played with tab a for a year with no problems. Do you know what versi9n you are on. Should be up to a mash mellow by now. If lollipop or lower you should update. Look in setting for your version. Hope this helps

Message 2 of 7 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This Tablet I Use right now is relatively new. I bought this one about a month and a half ago.

Samsung Tablet Galaxy Tab A'

Android version: 6.0.1

I tried to search for an update, but there aren't any updates available..

Message 3 of 7 (1,668 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. It started today and I have a Samsung Galaxy  as well. Mine is also 2 months old. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tough luck.. Helpdesk doesn't seem that active/approachable so I'm hoping that someone has a solution as it's extremely annoying and frankly a reason for me to stop playing.

Message 5 of 7 (1,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Emptied the cache, and re-installed the game today for a final test, but the problem is still there. EA will respond within 14 days.. Sigh. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,620 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

To all on this thread:

I have had a similar issue with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, 8.4 model SM-t700 tablet. Only my resolution went the opposite way: meaning the game displays at half the resolution it once did. My device is capable of 2560 x1600 and ever since the "lollypop" update came out the graphics within SimCity Buildit displays at a very "large scale".

Like some of you I have searched for answers on the web with no luck. I have searched for others that may have had the same problem.

I was going to restore my tablet per instructions given to me by a Samsung tech support rep but then I would have lost my cities progress in doing so. So I opted to run the game as is. Then one day I decided to reboot/restart my device and my "native" resolution came back. But not for long. This is an ongoing process. I have gotten to the place if I want to play SimCity Buildit - I reboot or restart my device just before hand. Just a pain but it works until EA or Android fix the issue.

As food for thought - when the lollypop update came out....... my device is set to update automatically - I noticed that the lollypop update was for mobile phones???? Did Android screw up and send an update out that was intended for phones and not tablets? Does this even make a difference? Since the initial release lollypop there has been a patch released by Android which makes me believe it was their issue because before the patch release not matter what I did with my tablet the resolution never changed, it was always screwed up. Now I can at least reboot/restart to fix the problem with this new patch.

Who knows???? I DO NOT have these problems with my iPad. Makes me want to reconsider not purchasing an Android device ever again.

Running Android version 6.0.1 patch level November 1, 2016 - Kernel Version 3.4.39-8965223 dated November 22, 2016, Build number MMB29K.T700XXU1CPK1

nw8240bp

Message 7 of 7 (1,559 Views)