Problem with the screen resolution

by Joixxxe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with the screen resolution

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday I upgrade my version of android (5.0 to 6.0) and, when I reinstall the game, all the buttons and the clouds are bigger, they fill more screen and its no playable as always. Like if the game change the resolution or something, but its not posible to change in the option menu.

I have to say that in 5.0 android version the game was working fine, all the buttons were in the correct size.

My smartphone has a 5,5 inch screen.

If anyone have idea or something i will appreciate.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 27 (38,522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with the screen resolution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Joixxxe,

The game will launch automatically with the best resolution for your screen, you cannot change that in the menu. If your screen is bigger, the graphics have likely been "upgraded".

Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 27 (46,049 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Joixxxe,

The game will launch automatically with the best resolution for your screen, you cannot change that in the menu. If your screen is bigger, the graphics have likely been "upgraded".

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 27 (46,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
EA_ZOE

Your answer to this issue is not a good answer.

To alot of us this effects, the game is completely unplayable.

I have Note 4 which until your most recent update was playing just fine. After update, i can't see a dang thing in my city. It cannot be because my phone can't handle the graphics, it was working just fine before this last update. one of your programmers screwed something up.
Message 3 of 27 (38,421 Views)

You'll find more explanation here @kayjenn. There isn't much more I can advice you to do unfortunately.

Message 4 of 27 (38,392 Views)

★ Novice
Wow what a useless response. Anyway i solved my problem on a galaxy s6 edge. I downloaded a resolution changer app called NOMone Resolution Changer, theres many available resolutions that are for different phones, i selected the HTC one template, saved and restarted the device. You dont see any difference on home screen but once i launched Simcity it was back to normal. If this template doesnt work just mess around with the other ones. Totally safe and easy to use app. Good luck!
Message 5 of 27 (38,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thx for the answer, i'll give it a shot ...

since EA hasn't bothered to adresse this trouble !

Message 6 of 27 (38,235 Views)

★ Novice
Update: app works only thing thats annoying is it seems to go back to the huge icons everytime i close the game...so before i play i gotta set resolution, restart and it works great..only takes a minute but still annoying. I will just do it this way till another patch is out or something
Message 7 of 27 (38,213 Views)

★★ Novice

EA, all the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 just got to go to Android Marshmallow just a couple of days ago.  It worked awesome with Lollipop.  The Resolution went from like 1120x1024 down to like 640x480.  Everything overlaps everything - yellow helmets, completed items, all sorts of stuff.  I can make a screenshot if you want to see how bad it is.

I don't know what percentage of your users use Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but the those of us on this thread would prefer your do something about this versus having to use a third part screen resolution changer.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 27 (37,896 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Zoe,

The response you gave us does not help at all. It is not a solution to the problem we are having but merely an explanation as how this app works. I have the same problem like all these people, just recently done a software update for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S and now the icons are THAT big that I cannot play it anymore. It's a bit of a pity as I played it daily and now I have to go cold turkey on it... 

Message 9 of 27 (37,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got to be kidding right?

In my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 thr icons are soo big that are a joke

Message 10 of 27 (36,890 Views)