Re: New Mayors club challenge

by wapnoziom

Original Post

New Mayors club challenge

★★★ Apprentice

I thought at first okay what a good idea this new feature of the Mayors club challenge. But as you collect plum bob points to gain access to the next chest; the points required double.

Common Chest 75,000

Uncommon Chest 150,000

Rare Chest 300,000

Epic Chest 600,000 (if holds true)

Legendary Chest 1,200,000 (if holds true)

In my local COM the highest plum bob scores that I have seen is around 50,000. That means all 25 members of the Mayors club would have to get to this level of points to obtain the Legendary Chest.

Come on EA get back to reality here.

Just another unrealistic task added to this game to handcuff the players.

sm-t701 

Message 1 of 13 (5,507 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I quite agree with you. We have 14 members in our league so to get to the top prize we'd need to average 86k each, pretty unrealistic.

Now that the week has finished I'm pretty miffed that you don't win each chest, only the last one you've reached. We got to 300,000 and get a paltry 30 sim cash each for that, I spent more than that in doing two delivery's to Tokyo for 3000 points each, they give in one hand and take take take in the other.

Message 2 of 13 (5,411 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

man-o-kent,

Like you we had only 8 Mayor Club members participate in this first challenge. 2 additional Mayors did not make the cut. We also made it to the "Rare Chest" at 300,000 plum bob points. And as my original post states: to get to the fourth chest would have been an additional 300,000 points for a total of 600,000 points. So I do believe to get to the Legendary Chest that would have been 1,200,000 points.

If your Mayors are not all on the same page the best you can expect is what we did.

And that is where EA should be setting the bar for this new feature of SimCity Buildit. Not at double that one can effectively obtain.

The official prize list (at least in our challenge) at the Rare Chest was: (30) Simcash, Football Golden Tickets, Football Luxury Bags, Football Fashion Clothes, Soccer ball Bonsai Tree and Soccer ball Snowboard.

And you are SPOT ON about the spending of resources just to get to the "mid-level" of this challenge. Just exactly the point I would like to get across to all players of this game. The constant depletion of resources to the point where it will entice someone to spend more money on this game.

I would invite all to read my thoughts and resource depletion on this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Support/What-is-the-real-cost-of-playing-Simcity-Buildit/m-...

sm-t701

Message 3 of 13 (5,404 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The funny symbols is because I used parenthesis.

30 Simcash

2 Golden Tickets

2 Luxury Bags

2 Fashion Clothes

1 Bonsai Tree

1 Snowboard.

sm-t701

Message 4 of 13 (5,414 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It all depends upon the level of your city, the extra items my level 19 city got were all beach expansion items.

Message 5 of 13 (5,411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

there are clubs which achieved highest chest already, and your numbers are correct. I think this is just a reward for a club due to having so many active players. Shouldn't it be that way? It takes time to build club like that, to support teach and help other members so that is how they are rewarded. From the other side prize is meaningless....

Me and my club will now join season where is less tasks to do in first weeks so numbers should go down but probably they will not

Message 6 of 13 (5,343 Views)

★★ Novice
We were successful in hitting the 1.5million plumbob club challenge target this week with 21 players.

Only keeping active players in the mayors club challenges made this an easy task. Many of our players eclipsed the 100k mark.

This week we wont be able to attain the highest chest as we only have 20 tasks in the lowest season league. It may have stayed high because Angel ea hasnt thought of tgis yet. (b) we have two players that sat out of season and are still in megalopolis which might have also factored what we need to attain.

Either way. Complainers shouldnt be complaining. These are free addons. No need to spend real monies to attain these rewards. If you have put several hundreds into the game tgen maybe you are justified in your complaints. But here you only need to put in tens of dollars to be successful. Or even nothing.

Plumbob - Ile de Plumbob.
Message 7 of 13 (5,232 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Complainers?

What planet do you live on? This only one aspect of this game that EA chooses to tie the hands of the players to entice them to spend real money. I have been using this forum for 2 1/2 years now and there are a lot of complaints from many other players.

Yea, look at profile your name.... that says it all.

sm-t701

Message 8 of 13 (5,220 Views)

★★ Novice
What is wrong with my name? I am shift ace of the black aces.
Message 9 of 13 (5,211 Views)

★★ Novice
Most of the players in out our club havent spent a cent on the game and we are successful in getting top prize for club challenge. Maybe you're doing it wrong?
Message 10 of 13 (5,207 Views)