Maxis Manor

by bettysadog

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Maxis Manor

★ Guide

Has anyone had any experience with Maxis yet? Seems expensive but if it can procure Vu pieces, then it could be worth it

Along those same lines, has anyone noticed the complete disappearance of Vu pieces, especially gloves? Previously, remote controls were at a premium but now it seems to have shifted to gloves. 

Or is it just me?

Message 1 of 27 (20,372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Maxis Manor

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bettysadog wrote:

One more question. When talking about map coverage, are you including all the expansion areas or just the original 50 x 50?

4 manors won't cover everything if you've opened the extra 12 land expansions that came last Christmas; I get a gap of 10 tiles in the middle of my map between the two manors I have so far. And that's with 4 additional uncovered tiles on the left and 3 uncover tiles on the right side of my map where i keep buildings that don't require coverage. So over all it's 17 tiles short of the full width. 

View in thread

Message 19 of 27 (14,053 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

@bettysadog wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with Maxis yet? Seems expensive but if it can procure Vu pieces, then it could be worth it

Along those same lines, has anyone noticed the complete disappearance of Vu pieces, especially gloves? Previously, remote controls were at a premium but now it seems to have shifted to gloves. 

Or is it just me?

There was a conversation about this the other day.  It's not like a store for Vu items.  A bubble will appear above Maxis Manor offering you to buy an item at a simoleon price, but it happens so infrequently that it's not really a good source.  Yes buy whatever becomes available, but it's not like you can buy what you want when you want it.

Yes, it shifted to gloves.

Message 2 of 27 (20,358 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Regaeding Dr Vu pieces, I'm still out of balance (lots of batteries abd gloves but not enough remotes). Good to know gloves have become the "rare" piece. Hoarding the m now. :-)
Message 3 of 27 (20,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I bought it two days ago, from what I can tell it produces a Vu item every 24hrs.  As soon as you purchase it you get an item, so ive gotten 3 so far.  My only concern is that with each new item you have an opportunity to purchase, the price seems to be going up.  Remember there are side benefits, the building also acts like a fire house, police station and a hospital (I think that third bonus is correct, I forget).  It is steep, I'm hoping it will pay for itself going forward.

Message 4 of 27 (20,335 Views)

★ Guide

@DestroyISIS wrote:

I bought it two days ago, from what I can tell it produces a Vu item every 24hrs.  As soon as you purchase it you get an item, so ive gotten 3 so far.  My only concern is that with each new item you have an opportunity to purchase, the price seems to be going up.  Remember there are side benefits, the building also acts like a fire house, police station and a hospital (I think that third bonus is correct, I forget).  It is steep, I'm hoping it will pay for itself going forward.

Does it function as all 3 services at the same time or just 1 that you choose? Because if you could buy 1 maxis and it functions as police, fire & health at the same time, then it would be a good deal, right?

Message 5 of 27 (20,314 Views)

★ Guide

@SomeSimGuy wrote:

@bettysadog wrote:

Or is it just me?

There was a conversation about this the other day.  It's not like a store for Vu items.  A bubble will appear above Maxis Manor offering you to buy an item at a simoleon price, but it happens so infrequently that it's not really a good source.  Yes buy whatever becomes available, but it's not like you can buy what you want when you want it.

Yes, it shifted to gloves.

Is that just your opinion or do you know for sure it has shifted to gloves?

Message 6 of 27 (20,313 Views)

★★ Guide

@bettysadog wrote:

Good point.  I can say that in my game it shifted from remotes to gloves, but we've now seen different people's games behave in different manners.  Others have said it shifted for them too, but just because it did for us does not mean that it did or it will for you.  Apparently, there is no consistence across platforms in this game either.  Something could be one way under android and entirely different under IOS as I'm figuring out by talking to people.

Message 7 of 27 (20,291 Views)

★ Guide

@SomeSimGuy wrote:

@bettysadog wrote:

Good point.  I can say that in my game it shifted from remotes to gloves, but we've now seen different people's games behave in different manners.  Others have said it shifted for them too, but just because it did for us does not mean that it did or it will for you.  Apparently, there is no consistence across platforms in this game either.  Something could be one way under android and entirely different under IOS as I'm figuring out by talking to people.

Well it has shifted to gloves big time for me and at the same time there has been a very noticeable lack of any of the three available, either thru the Glob Mkt or balloon pops. 

Going back to maxis, these can be purchased as services. Does each maxis building function as one service or does it provide all 3 simultaneously? I assume that depending which service you purchased it through determines which service it provides. Again, it would be a good deal if it provided all three, but combined with limited availability of Vu items plus a large purchase price, the value greatly diminishes. 

Your thoughts?

Message 8 of 27 (20,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Based on the description when you click on the building under Fire, Police or Health categories it acts as all 3.  Seems like a good deal, to bad I didn't look at the coverage area, I might be wrong if it's small.  As I mentioned, it appears to provide a random Vu piece purchase opportunity every 24hrs using gold not simcash.  

As for the lack of getting certain Vu pieces, I've not seen any real issue, I compare it to getting Beach or Mountain pieces, just random hit-or-miss.

Message 9 of 27 (20,273 Views)

★ Guide

@DestroyISIS wrote:

Based on the description when you click on the building under Fire, Police or Health categories it acts as all 3.  Seems like a good deal, to bad I didn't look at the coverage area, I might be wrong if it's small.  As I mentioned, it appears to provide a random Vu piece purchase opportunity every 24hrs using gold not simcash.  

As for the lack of getting certain Vu pieces, I've not seen any real issue, I compare it to getting Beach or Mountain pieces, just random hit-or-miss.

For me, beach and mountain pieces show up about 6 to 7 places in the Market every time I go to a new screen. In fact just recently I bought my way to a beach expansion and it took me about 15 minutes to purchase 54 pieces, because they are so available. Like I said, Vu pieces have literally disappeared.

Message 10 of 27 (20,269 Views)