Re: Low/Switching resolution on Samsung S8

by EA_Mai

Original Post

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

I have merged some threads into one, as you all were reporting the same issue.

I'd like to ask you to try to change the resolution from your device's Display settings:  

Device Settings > Display > Screen Resolution > Set to WQHD+ and apply > Restart the device

If that doesn't work, could you try changing the mode using Samsung's Game Tuner app? 

Download Game Tuner tool > Go to Modes tab > Set mode to Maximum Quality

Thank you for your reports, please, let us know if these workarounds are helpful for you Standard smile

-Mai

Message 11 of 12 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back.

In order to fix the problem, I had to both disable Game Launcher and also run Game Tuner; for this to work, in Game Tuner, I had to go to MODES and select "Maximum Quality", which forced Simcity Buildit to launch in the best resolution that my phone supports. Until I'd done this, simply disabling Game Launcher didn't work.

No problems since then (although I've no idea if EA have fixed this issue in the last couple updates, but I am not going to find out and will just stick to the above regardless...)

So yeh, this is a work around that seems to solve the problem but point out that it's really not acceptable that we both disable one third party app and download and use another third party app to fix this.

Message 12 of 12 (421 Views)