I DON'T WANT TO TEAM UP WITH OTHER PEOPLE. I DON'T WANT TO QUIT THE GAME.

by BuilditMan

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I love SimCity Buildit. I have been in for 3 years since the beginning. I love my city, I'm a very Aesthetic player (City: LUCA from Chico, CA). I have always paid USD$ into the game because I appreciate very much all the amazing talent and effort that goes into this game for my entertainment. I also love the mayors competitions. That's what the game has become about for me. I love to compete for specialty items, and build my city as beautiful as I can!

Here's the catch, I don't like to team up with people in games, and I don't like to spend time in live chats. I imagine that there are many many BuildIt players who agree with me. I have a job and family and I can't take the time.

I was just going to not participate in clubs and now wars (ouch) and continue the game as usual, until my mayors competition drive was totally roadblocked by 3 new war and club items. I now find myself and all those like me no longer able to play the game we love, unless we team up. I didn't want to but I tried, and was uncerimoniously booted from 4 or 5 clubs for not talking with them all day even when a competition hadn't even begun yet.. They all want people to quit and rejoin when they're sleeping etc. The result is that the chat culture that has arisen on this super sweet platform seems childish and petty to me, not comfortable, I don't want to waste the time.   At all.

HERE'S MY SOLUTION:  Please Team Buildit, consider not blocking the mayors competitions with Club and War items. It's already unfair that my opponents can now team up against our huge population of single players, but I'm willing to still compete and have fun. And win!      Unfortunately if these items are still to be included in the Mayor's races I will have to hang my head and leave the best game I've ever played behind.     Please Team, just omit the Club and War items from the Mayor's challenge, let's put the playing field back to at least this level.

PLEASE AGAIN, AND THANK YOU.

Message 1 of 4 (1,615 Views)

Re: I DON'T WANT TO TEAM UP WITH OTHER PEOPLE. I DON'T WANT TO QUIT THE GAME.

★★★★★ Newbie

What are "Club Items" in CoM, I've not seen any such items, ever. Yeah, plenty of war ones (I had 4 so far in this contest alone). Is there something else that I've yet to discover? ("club Items")?

Message 2 of 4 (1,523 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Builditman

just like to reassure you that not all clubs are like the one you describe. 

Our conversation is "anyone got a wardrobe?" , " I need 4 donuts" . We help each other out.

Players who don't participate in the CoM are generally demoted because we want the EPIC chest, but won't be kicked out unless it happens 2-3 weeks running.

as a result we have an active club where we help each other.

maybe you could find a similar club.

Ours is "Club sunshine". There are a few with that name, but ours is with president Yorkshire.

its full at the moment, but you should look on Tuesday mornings. (We give a chance to those who didn't participate before kicking them out)

Adam

Message 3 of 4 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

BuilditMan, 

I see your problem and I'm also thinking it will take a while for the game team to solve this issue, if they ever do. In the meantime, if you need a club that will give you war opportunities while also not needing you to be "present" in chat room, I think posting on the General Discussion forum for those looking for a new club would be your best bet. There are good clubs out there who won't mind active yet not non chatty members. Good luck! 

Message 4 of 4 (1,463 Views)