Re: How do you get the in game advert videos in Simcity buildIt?

by cynister-girl808

Original Post

★★★ Novice
I quit playing all together. Unequal treatment of players. No thanks. Unfair advantage given to some. No thanks.
Message 41 of 55 (3,314 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I used to get lost of videos in the begining, but haven't got a single one for the past couple of weeks. My boyfriend keeps getting them every day, and we started to play together and are on the same level.

Message 42 of 55 (3,299 Views)

★ Apprentice
Did you purchase in-game currency?
Message 43 of 55 (3,288 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Please notice (if you haven't already) that it isn't really possible to wipe your work and start over, at least not if you want to connect your new city to Facebook. You'll have to stick with what you have now (annoying limitation).
Message 44 of 55 (3,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I wrote to game support about this issue and got this feedback just now:

"Hey Mayor, thanks for contacting us.

I'm sorry to hear you’re not seeing video ad bubbles in your city. Sometimes new components of our game will be tested on smaller audiences, to make sure features work correctly and are received well. If all goes to plan we might then roll them out for all of our mayors to enjoy.

Only randomly selected mayors are seeing the video ad bubbles at the moment, and it’s not possible to manually activate them to appear in your own city. However, you might just be the next lucky mayor to be chosen. Fingers crossed!

I've passed your comments on to the game team, and hope you might start seeing ad bubbles soon.
Let us know if there's anything we can help you with in the future. Thanks!"

Message 45 of 55 (3,189 Views)

★ Apprentice
What utter BS, there is no random nature to which Mayor's are "chosen". I used to see the adverts pop up all the time, but as soon as I paid for in-game currency, they stopped. I have numerous devices that haven't paid for in-game currency and they ALL receive adverts. This is a blatant lie and EA are happy to spin this BS as being random. EA are being incredibly naive if they think that's a believable response.

Ask yourself this, why would I be "chosen" to receive these adverts (which EA receive money for) only for it to be taken away when I buy in game currency? Because the adverts probably make less than a penny a click, but by buying in-game current once you've probably paid more than they'll ever earn them by watching them for a penny at a time.

I could probably demonstrate this if I were to be foolish enough to buy in-game currency on one of my other devices, but I'm not in the habit of being mugged off.
Message 46 of 55 (3,180 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

To all:

I have two cities, one on an iPad and one on an Android device. My older city (iPad) never received the in-game adverts and that city was started one month (January 2014) after the initial release of SimCity Buildit. So we can safely say my older city was not randomly chosen to receive this benefit.

As for my second city I still do get the "adverts". This has been going on since 11-2015, since its inception. I have never paid for Simcash in this city and never will. It seems that this is the second biggest criteria in this discussion - if you want to continue to receive Simcash or other prizes don't purchase anything from EA concerning this game.

The first biggest criteria is that this "ideal" put in place by EA is simply discriminatory. And they call this unfair scheme "marketing". They are trying to entice us players to spend our cold hard cash on this game by giving away items needed to move your city forward. Once a player sees that it MAY become easier they purchase the Simcash and then EA takes away the freebies.

What a great marketing scheme double-cross the players once they purchase.

Incidentally both my cities are now under another unfair rule - expansion. In the later levels of this game EA's relentless need to use up resources in order to upgrade buildings is simply outrageous. Why are they doing this? Do I need to explain that? That's why I said "that it MAY become easier" to move your city forward.

And finally this is the reason I will never spend my money for this game: unfairness to all and the inequity of game play.

nw8240bp

Message 47 of 55 (3,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

That excuse letter they sent is pretty much saying, "Its broken. And we don't know how to fix it! You're out of luck, mayor!"

I spent money on this game and it was a huge mistake. If EA wants me to spend again, they better fix this issue. Because I will not spend another dime until it is fixed. This is completely unfair to those of us who supported the game financially. And its the complete opposite of how a company should treat its players.

Message 48 of 55 (3,166 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah, I got the same robot answer over a year ago.
Message 49 of 55 (3,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So the issue is still there. I get no ads, paid for simcash. My son gets them all the time. The way EA is rewarding paying customers is BS!
Message 50 of 55 (2,063 Views)