How do i delete saved city linked to Facebook

by The-Razheer

Original Post

Re: How do i delete saved city linked to Facebook

★★ Novice

Yes. I want to do the same. As the OP said, initially, I created a city and had linked to fb. But shortly thereafter, had abandoned it. Then I decided I'd give it another shot, and started a new city, but never connected back to FB. Since then, I have an awesome city that I do not want to lose and I want to connect to FB to join in with other friends, however, my old original city is there, and I cannot connect FB to my newer huge city that I have put hours and days into.

I've done all the geek methods from deleting app settings on FB to wiping out logins everywhere and to no avail. We should be allowed to overwrite our old city with a new one or obviously, keep the original.

Why do people even ask EA for anything?

They never help. They just give you what they give you and expect you to deal with it. Not much has changed in their evil ways.

Message 21 of 60 (19,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This did not work.

Message 22 of 60 (18,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think if you install the game on another device and then connect the game with facebook and when you are connected you can disconnect from facebook and then you can connect facebook to your wanted village and on your major device 

Message 23 of 60 (18,577 Views)

Champion (Retired)

For what it's worth, the issue with Facebook and Google Pay is a limitation of those services, and not something that EA created -- other (non EA) games have the exact same limitation.

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 24 of 60 (18,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Doesn't work sadly
Message 25 of 60 (17,069 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Sims free play allows a player to override data through an upload to cloud feature. Wonder if the developers have considered doing that? I downloaded the game on my phone and tablet, linked it on the tablet but started playing on my phone before realizing there was not an override feature so I've lost my progress.
Message 26 of 60 (16,902 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 27 of 60 (16,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just create a new facebook account!
Message 28 of 60 (16,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem when i switched devices (IOS to Android). Here's what I did to continue with my progress on my new device.

1. Open SimCity and link you favorite City associated with your FB
2. Remove SimCity on your FB
3. Log out of FB
4. Create a new FB account
5. Sync your City with that new FB account
6. Uninstall SimCity
7. Reinstall and start a new SimCity
8. Log in with your new FB account

And there you go. You can conitnue developing your City.

I hope this helps. ENJOY!
Message 29 of 60 (13,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem.

I started a 1st game and linked it to fb and google
... like i do with all my games...( because in other games i can switch as much as i want)
Then i started a new.. and bought some ingame cash. Now some of my friends started to play simcity aswell... and now i cant bind my new game to fb anymore any others else then start over and lose my in game cash....

EA is a highly evolved game developer. Please tell me you going to fix this.. if free games and newby game devolpers can make you log and bound games properly.. why cant EA make it work?...

If EA wants me to show them that i can switch and bound to other fb accounts or google accounts in other games... then ill gladly dhow.. this anwser of " its a 1st try only" is imo BS... if other games can why not here.....
Message 30 of 60 (11,851 Views)