How can we overwrite synced cities on the cloud/GameCenter?

by jneigh

Original Post

Re: How can we overwrite synced cities on the cloud/GameCenter?

★★★ Newbie

There's still no fix for this??  Horrible!!!

Message 21 of 27 (5,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So the ONLY (and I mean ONLY) way to fix this is to create a new Game Center account, which really isn't a big deal at all.  The best step by step resource to do this can be found here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afsvpZWwWpE.  

Once you do this, you may have to re-name your current game before it'll let you save to the new Game Center account...at least I had to.  You may even need to try it a couple times, but it should eventually save your game to the new Game Center account.  Make sure you log out of the game before logging in with new device...

On the new device, be sure to delete Sim City, and log into the new Game Center account via Settings --> Game Center.  Re-download and open Sim City through the Game Center app.  You should see your game as it was last saved!!

Enjoy!!

Message 22 of 27 (5,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I got a new android phone and obviously i want to continue playing the games I usually play - like boom beach, clash of clans and simcity buildit. For the Supercell games it works flawlessly between the two devices (my old phone and my new phone), but simcity buildit gives me the following error when I try and log in with google play: Sorry Mayor! This account is already linked to another city. We cannot log you in to this account.

So I made a new Google + account and tried again but got the same error. Has this problem still not been fixed yet EA????

Why is this thread marked as SOLVED when it clearly isn't in the slightest bit solved on Android???

Message 23 of 27 (5,296 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @durkadurk4,

The solution replied to the original post. Your question (and issue) is different. In you case, you need to contact the support team so they can help. 

To do so, please submit a help ticket in-game.
Settings icon Tap the Settings icon, located at the top left of your game screen.

From the Settings menu screen tap the "Help" button. Tap "Contact Us" below the Frequently Asked Questions.

Complete the "Submit a Request" form with as many details as possible. 
Submit a Request
Select an appropriate Issue from the drop-down menu, then the rest of the form can load. 
The help request form
Be sure to give us a valid email address (with no typos) so we can reply to you! 

As you type your "Subject" line, relevant help articles will begin to appear. Feel free to click on any of these before your ticket is submitted – if the help article can answer your question, brilliant!

If no help article covers your query, fill the "Description" box with as much detail as possible so we will know best how to help you. 

Tap "Submit" and you’re done! We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Make sure to check your spam folders regularly, in case our reply gets filtered!

Message 24 of 27 (5,278 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

2 years later and still the same problem: I can not connect SimCity to my Facebook... I think it is time for EA to fix this bug.

Message 25 of 27 (3,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's not a bug, it's just a feature that they CBF implementing...

Message 26 of 27 (2,918 Views)

★ Novice

Disappointed.  Only not to play this game.

Message 27 of 27 (1,798 Views)