How can we overwrite synced cities on the cloud/GameCenter?

by jneigh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can we overwrite synced cities on the cloud/GameCenter?

★★★ Novice
I started playing SimCity BuildIt on my iPad and iPhone, logging into GameCenter to sync between both devices. Things went terribly wrong and I deleted the game and removed it from my GameCenter profile to start fresh. Now I want to sync my new city but the only option it gives me when logging into GC is to restore my previous city. Is there a way to overwrite my current city so I can sync it? I don't want to keep the old city...
Message 1 of 27 (82,635 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can we overwrite synced cities on the cloud/GameCenter?

★★★★ Novice

I received the following answer when asking to wipe my city:

Because of the way your Player ID and social connection IDs mesh together the first time they are connected, there is no way for us to delete those individual Facebook or Google Play saves from your city. If there's a social connection you haven't made yet (e.g. you connected with Facebook but not Google Play), you can still use the unused connection to save the progress of your new city instead. It's important to remember not to connect again with the original social account, as your current city will be overwritten with your previously saved data. Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve your original city if it's been overwritten.

View in thread

Message 8 of 27 (91,234 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

You can't.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/tips-for-starting-in-simcity-buildit/#6

2. Can I delete my saved cities from Facebook, Game Center or Google Play?
There's no way to delete those previous saves, sorry! It's a security feature to make sure you can play across your devices safely.

I'm stuck with 1 account linked to FB, iOS and a different account linked to Google Play.  When I try to link with Google Play I receive the following error:

"Sorry Mayor!

This account is already linked to another city.  We

Cannot log you in to this account."

Message 2 of 27 (82,418 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The only solution I found is to log out of Game Center and create a new Game Center profile. But you run the risk of overwriting the data and in the end, it may still relink the one you no longer want to use unfortunately.

Message 3 of 27 (82,415 Views)

★★★ Novice
The most appropriate solution would be for EA to make a way to perform this much needed action in a future update. After all, it's 2015 for cripesakes! The first video game to allow saved games was The Legend of Zelda on NES, and even though it was 27 years ago, you could still delete game saves. You'd think a game developer would have foreseen this problem. Guess I'll have to stick with playing on one device without logging into GC. Get with the times, EA. This is not acceptable. Sincerely, a Maxis fan since 1992
Message 4 of 27 (82,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem and would like a better solution,
Message 5 of 27 (82,226 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would like to see the option to overwrite also! +1

Message 6 of 27 (81,901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm surprised EA hasnt found a solution for this. Zynga has a great solution for this in Farmville 2. At the beginning the game will compare the save game on the device against the save game on the cloud. If they are different, it will show the user the difference between the two (e.g. saved date) and will then ask the user which save game he/she would like to load. The game will then sync the chosen data in both the device and cloud.

I was expecting that sort of thing in Simcity Buildit.

Message 7 of 27 (81,828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I received the following answer when asking to wipe my city:

Because of the way your Player ID and social connection IDs mesh together the first time they are connected, there is no way for us to delete those individual Facebook or Google Play saves from your city. If there's a social connection you haven't made yet (e.g. you connected with Facebook but not Google Play), you can still use the unused connection to save the progress of your new city instead. It's important to remember not to connect again with the original social account, as your current city will be overwritten with your previously saved data. Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve your original city if it's been overwritten.

Message 8 of 27 (91,235 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
The problem I'm having now is I WANT to overwrite the city that is connected to my Game Center ID. I had been playing on my phone, but wanted to sync with my iPad, and logged in with Game Center instead of with Facebook (where I had connected with on my phone, but seemingly forgot!), so I had to go through the tutorial again to sync to Facebook. Now I still can't connect to Game Center after deleting the data, hoping that my original city could sync over Game Center. Any ideas? Would love to see a fix for this issue... Not a security issue, EA. It's a huge inconvenience.
Message 9 of 27 (79,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm logged into my Facebook account on both devices but the games haven't sync'd... In my mind it should sync the original game with most progress, but is that wishful thinking?  This is really a cause of concern, it shouldn't be so prohibitive.  

I linked to game center on my iPad first, and it won't let me link to it from my iPhone... there seems to be a disconnect here, like what are we doing wrong?  Why won't two games on two devices both linked to Facebook sync to one or the other?  Why are there two separate games on two devices on one account?  That's not right.  

Message 10 of 27 (77,614 Views)