contest of mayors

by Toby-G-211

Original Post

Re: Got screwed in the contest of mayors

★ Guide
J5K5, you got demoted is all. There is actually a whole other topic going on about people who want to be demoted. Funny. Titled "I want to be demoted". The lower leagues are easier to win. I see your point about work and it is possible to play at work on breaks and in "hiding". I set up a long list of items and assignments in advance, and actually working in between helps kill the time, rather than just sitting around waiting. I've also set alarms on my phone as to not miss an assignment, in case I get really busy, quick trip to the bathroom, assignment complete. Good luck
Message 81 of 243 (1,298 Views)

★ Guide
Oh yeah, you have to commit to this game. I can't imagine taking a week off from it. No offense, I completely understand, work, family and other hobbies. I'm just saying, it's a tough game. It's gotten a lot more complex in the last 4-6 months. The competition is incredible. Still a very cool game though. There's a lot of other cool aspects in this game, play when you can to relax, the contest isn't that important. Just my opinion.
Message 82 of 243 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Toby-C-211 I'm sorry just don't see myself that addicted to building a city.Standard smile Or just not seeing the same thing about it as you do? Playing war where the game is more balanced where every player has the same chance to fight is another story. Standard smile

Message 83 of 243 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SomeSimGuy,

Then at least the rewards could be re-arranged, lets say if I win the neighborhood league 5x, then I also get a blue key. As far as I know, there is no other way to get them, therefore I have absolute 0 chance to build anything that requires it.

Message 84 of 243 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Point taken, I have been a SimCity nut since back in the 80s, I believe SomeSimGuy is also. I really do love this game and have already said almost everything you did about this contest being totally unfair. I have moved on though, still participate, and have fun doing it. 40th place oh well. It's not a war (if it were I wouldn't be playing it) and again no offense but I hate wars. 😊
Message 85 of 243 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks all for the input.Standard smile I played myself SimCity on my computer for years hence the reason why I tried this game out. I just feel its not balanced, that's all.Standard smile

bty, I am a girl.Standard smile Thought the pic I put on was one, but now I'm not so sure:D

Message 86 of 243 (1,269 Views)

★ Guide
I apologize for the sir, I didn't know. 😳
Message 87 of 243 (1,262 Views)

★ Guide
Fixed it (removed the sir). I can't see any pictures of avatars for some reason?
Message 88 of 243 (1,259 Views)

★★ Guide

@J5K5 wrote:

SomeSimGuy,

Then at least the rewards could be re-arranged, lets say if I win the neighborhood league 5x, then I also get a blue key. As far as I know, there is no other way to get them, therefore I have absolute 0 chance to build anything that requires it.

I'm still a fan of dumping the platinum keys altogether, we don't need a 4th currency.  That way there would be no need to rearrange because all awards would be gold key awards.  Make the higher payouts more gold keys, make the new buildings cost more gold keys, but for the love all things payable, we do not need a 4th currency in the game.

I think that is how it should be approached with EA before it gets too far into it to back out of.  It's only the 5th week and few people have earned the platinum keys, it'll make it really simple to just change it over to gold keys like they should have from the start.  Although, it would take a collective effort to do so.

Message 89 of 243 (1,250 Views)

★★ Guide

Tight race.  I could easily slip from 3rd to 8th with one assignment and I'm all out with just under 13 hours to go.  I just hope everyone else is out too. Standard smile

Message 90 of 243 (1,230 Views)