contest of mayors

by Toby-G-211

Original Post

Re: Got screwed in the contest of mayors

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Acnod_Otan, Yes, I believe that has been my point since the very first post. Thank you though. Ea will fix it? Maybe. Your also right about not playing it, I started the last one 12 hours late, not wanting to participate at all but the assignment was to earn $18000 in 24 hours which I was going to do anyhow. Then I just kept going for FUN and placed 70th or something, (no prize). I completed four epic projects in four days instead, due to an influx on the market. Which to me is much more rewarding than their 1 key and 10G "prize". If it's not fun, and you don't have to do it, don't do it. I know blah blah blah, but again I'm agreeing with you nobody's ever going to get them platinum keys and certainly not consecutively, Unless they're cheating, patches, Chinese hack, and such. I'm kinda over it though. Im just trying to enjoy what's left of this game before "They" completely destroy it. Thank you, and good luck.
Message 41 of 243 (1,679 Views)

★ Guide
Please SomeSimGuy, I've been playing this game as stated since its launch. There wasn't even an airport yet. Nothing about this game has ever been "just random". Ea has been in this business for three decades, they know exactly what their doing and believe me know how to manipulate people and maximize profits. I didn't want to have to say it but you forced my hand. Example being since day 1 I've noticed that looking for a specific item on the market when you need them, even fairly common items are not available, then after you've broke down and made them or are still in the process of making them, there they are again. Happens all the time. They know exactly what you need and even what's in your inventory. I just wish you could accept the truth. Other games do the exact same thing...accept it bro
Message 42 of 243 (1,673 Views)

★★ Guide

@Toby-G-211  I'm not sure what it is you want me to admit.  @Acnod_Otan was talking about algorithms and I just corrected his statement.  

I've used your example here myself in another thread.  I'm pretty well convinced that they do limit what items you see to buy when you're looking for them.  All I was saying, as it would relate to your example, is that the code to limit items when you need it is indeed an algorithm.  It's just an algorithm that decides who to show what items to at any given point in time.  It's still an algorithm though because in computer programming jargon, algorithm simple means "A block of code designed to do a specific task".

Message 43 of 243 (1,659 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah, I know all about algorithms. Thanks
Message 44 of 243 (1,656 Views)

★ Guide
SomeSimGuy taking a low paying assignment for a high paying one? No, I couldn't take a $320 assignment if there are $1000 assignments available, bad advice. If I play, I like to win. You've stated it is just random, an algorithm, and if true, then any assignment high or low could bring in the bigger paying assignments. This was my thinking yesterday, if it's random then it's random. I certainly shouldn't have to take a low paying assignment, and honestly I knew it was bad advice. I was right I continued on my course of taking the highest valued assignments as usual and after 2 super hard ones (pictured below) I finally received an easy $5400 assignment. So I would say NO do not take the lower paying assignments, hoping for a bigger one (unless you want a low score in the end). I've noticed more higher paying assignments in this round and unfortunately, WHAT I DID WAS turn "back on" in app purchases and spent my first $10. Believe me, coincidence or not I'm Continuing to get these higher paying assignments. They are for simple but costly-Time/Money gold key assignments. The easy ones. I'll post some more pictures of these jobs later. Still a very fun and addicting game, relaxes me and kills time. Ea made a great game and they deserve to get paid. It's a business not a charity, maybe one day unicef will get into the app business, but until then we need ea sports. That a 180 for me.
Message 45 of 243 (1,615 Views)

★★ Guide

Anytime I talk, I'm not saying 100% this is the way it is.  I'm not even saying to do what I do.  I've never told someone else to choose a low assignment expecting a high in return.  I only said what I did this week.  In most cases I'm throwing out theories that may or may not be accurate as that is what a theory is.  It's guess work and testing to see if the point can be proven.  As I get more information and more data I very well may change my theories and thoughts on any given subject, but that is after careful analysis of the data that I have and not just because I feel like my efforts deserved a 1st place finish.  I don't let my ego get in the way of rational and logical thinking.  I can be a gracious 30th place winner as well as a modest 1st place winner.  Both are winners as the only place that doesn't win is someone who doesn't play or scores below the small prize mark.  Positive outlook vs. negative outlook.

It's obviously not about skill, but how you feel about it is 100% you.  Be positive and you'll enjoy yourself a whole lot more.

Message 46 of 243 (1,600 Views)

★ Guide
Roo, rah ,Rae rue rah blah blah. Let's see your city? I was being positive before, thank you very much, but you didn't 100% assume I wasnt, did you. Apprentice? Of what wrong and bad advice? Because honestly you haven't been much help here and most people disagreed with you and I'm 100% sure of that.
Message 47 of 243 (1,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The player is using Malaysian language: Raih Kunci Emas. Raih means collect, Kunci means keys, Emas mean Golden. Collect Golden Keys.

Message 48 of 243 (1,573 Views)

★ Guide
Nice job and very cool. Thank you!
Message 49 of 243 (1,565 Views)

★ Guide
Ok, I just finished my last assignment. I took all the highest paying assignments, even had a 5400 point one. I can say I enjoyed the challenge of just completing the 25 assignments. The only problem is why does first place have 20000 more points than me, and why is it always the same people? Swissytown and Jack I've seen before, always on top? Fact is first place had an average assignment of 2430, my average per assignment was only 1532. It's like starting a race 5 laps down and for certain ONLY benefits the developers, monetarily. I'm not looking for any answers here just finishing up this post, hopefully. I personally will not participate any longer, I would recommend the same to everyone. You can see in some pictures below how a person can be manipulated into spending money, my point is after alot of super hard, low paying assignments, they throw a 5000pt. assignment at you, the only problem with it (for example) is its for 3-5 keys, now you can use Vu and destroy part of your city, (can't do it), or cargo. That's either a 2-3 day mission or an hour with sim cash, time being of importance your awful tempted to spend "a few" bucks. Anyways there are many other awesome things to do on this cool game and I'll definitely continue playing. No more 5 day contests though, wow that was hard. Good luck!
Message 50 of 243 (1,553 Views)