contest of mayors

by Toby-G-211

Original Post

Re: Got screwed in the contest of mayors

★★ Guide

It was posted to a facebook group I'm in.  As for what the task was.  See our dialogue in the images.

Message 31 of 243 (1,961 Views)

★ Apprentice

Kudos to you SomeSimGuy.  I've seen you helping many people in SimCity threads and I think you deserve much thanks.  I admire you being able to stay civil in the face of totally undeserved rage and rudeness.  Have a really great day!  

Also, I've been taking part in the contest of mayors and agree that the assignments on offer differ for everyone.  I noticed that on the first pass of assignments, there were people getting tasks with a score ending in 5 whereas my opening list of assignments showed all tasks with plumbob points in multiples of 10.  I had considered that mayors levelling might have affected the assignments they were offered but on the completion of the previous round, people unchanged in level as I was had scores exceeding mine by 8000 even though I had taken the highest or second highest point tasks on offer every time.

Oh well!  I guess EA has to make money somehow :/

Message 32 of 243 (1,944 Views)

★★ Guide

I got my own 5000 assignment.  I've never paid for the game either.  Although, what happened is I just completed an assignment only worth 320.  I was only going to do quick an easy assignments or I wouldn't have even chosen the 320.

Assignments given may very well be tied to assignments chosen and going for the top one every time may not yield the highest result.  It's just a thought.

Message 33 of 243 (1,904 Views)

★ Guide
Cool I hope you win. Good luck and good bye simguy
Message 34 of 243 (1,891 Views)

★ Guide
Sunset Strip
Message 35 of 243 (1,881 Views)

★ Guide
Sunset Strip
Message 36 of 243 (1,877 Views)

★ Guide
Couldn't resist last one: Sunset Strip
Message 37 of 243 (1,869 Views)

★ Guide
Got any screenshots of your city post them here: would love to see them.
Message 38 of 243 (1,867 Views)

★★ Novice
Here are some numbers from my experience at level 40.
Current contest:
20% are not playing (I'm 96 with a proud zero points)
Next 30% are under 3k points (not really playing I'd say)
Next 40% are getting
2 golden keys (2 cargo shipments does this)
1 sheetah token (takes 1/2 day to get one)
20k in coins (not even going to comment)
Does The battle of the 10% remaining compensate for 2 platinum keys? Only 2 will get it and without a fair context it is naive to think you can beat who controls assignments. To think this is all based on an algorithm is also naive as we all know or should know that programs, specially those not on open source code, are 100% susceptible to unfair business. The point as stated in this thread over and over is the most elementary of any company in business. Money.
So I'd recommend to wasting your time doing something better and if you like the game play it but know that the contest is not fair and you could get a lot more just by doing cargos and selling essential products the fools will need to complete their assignments.

Have fun!
Message 39 of 243 (1,848 Views)

★★ Guide

@Acnod_Otan said, "To think this is all based on an algorithm is also naive as we all know or should know that programs, specially those not on open source code, are 100% susceptible to unfair business."

This statement is not factual.  In computer coding/programming, regardless of the programming language used an algorithm is simply any block of code that accomplishes a specific task.   Everything within your computer no matter how big or how small is based on an algorithm of some sort.  Even if it is 100% all about the money, the algorithm used would be one that would attempt to maximize profit potential.  It is still an algorithm.

Knowing this, to say that thinking it's based on an algorithm as being naive would not be a factual statement as everything in computer programming is based on one algorithm or another.  The only real thing in question is how that algorithm is written, which as you pointed out, is not open source, so we will never know.  We can only take educated guesses and discuss theories based on our own experiences and observations within the game, but we will never know 100% beyond all reasonable doubt without having the source code to see how it is being done.

Message 40 of 243 (1,839 Views)