Global Trade Item Search Request

by Ambrielsfire

Original Post

Global Trade Item Search Request

★★★ Newbie
Would like a feature that will allow SimCity players to search for specific items for sale in the Global Trade Center.
Message 1 of 9 (3,726 Views)

Re: Global Trade Item Search Request

★★ Apprentice

That would be good but it's not going to work.  More than ever before we will see "this item is not available". It will be a nightmare. Think of it realistically,  many people play the game at the same time probably thousands and many people will be waiting in the global market,  ready to pounce on the next new item as soon as it becomes available so it will be impossible especially for desirable items. They will go with a blink of an eye. You think dozer blades would be just sitting there if you typed it in a search engine? ? No way. It will be the same thing. I quite like this new market.  It's hard to find items but purchasing has become so much better. 

Message 2 of 9 (3,646 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The search feature and 30-sec requests are so overwhelming that they are repeated all over EA and fans forums, SC facebook, store comments, etc. It seems EA will be sticking to their FAQ explanation in the stickie.

Why not a compromise to have a sort feature? Can't we sort between factory, supply and special categories instead with 2 more new GTHQ buildings? This still increases load on the EA server but not to the extent of having the seach for a specific item feature. You can still have delay between searches. If I am looking for donut or cream, having metals, seeds, plastics, storage bars NOT appearing will really help..
Message 3 of 9 (3,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ok.
A simple "No, that won't work." would suffice.
No need for snotty condescension.
Thank You, however, for answering my question.
~A~
Message 4 of 9 (3,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

With enough people playing there won't be any issue of not finding the item that you specifically need and any point in time playing the game.

@jamiel222 wrote:

That would be good but it's not going to work.  More than ever before we will see "this item is not available". It will be a nightmare. Think of it realistically,  many people play the game at the same time probably thousands and many people will be waiting in the global market,  ready to pounce on the next new item as soon as it becomes available so it will be impossible especially for desirable items. They will go with a blink of an eye. You think dozer blades would be just sitting there if you typed it in a search engine? ? No way. It will be the same thing. I quite like this new market.  It's hard to find items but purchasing has become so much better. 

Message 5 of 9 (3,412 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

to all on this thread.

Any and all ideas would be better than is what is in place now.

cormecca on this forum suggested for EA to setup a way for us to manufacture "expansion" items ourselves, which I think is another good idea. We could purchase this manufacturing store with Simoleans, at a minimum level or population. And then make these one or two at a time, within a 10-12 hour time frame. Of course without EA removing the other means of obtaining the same items.

EA should also consider allowing us game players to "log into" another players city to barter any item. This would effectively shut out everyone else and allow only players "logged" into one another the chance at any particular item.

Having both these ideas in place would allow us to manufacture and trade without any hindrances.

But having said the above....... the ideal behind this and many other games is "time", even the original author of Sim City; Will Wright would tell us that these games are intended to be played over time and not for us players to reach the finish line in 10 days or less.

What would we do then?

nw8240bp

Message 6 of 9 (3,380 Views)

★ Novice
Really? It won’t work? Have you played WoW? They have a massive auction house with a ton more players than SCB has and yet the somehow manage to make it work. It is not a matter of it not working as much as it is a matter of then not wanting it to work. These games are a time sink. If you have option to search an item you aren’t spendInto pointless hours trying to find one item. I think they need a search feature as it is incredibly frustrating to waste massive amounts of time trying to find an individual item.
Message 7 of 9 (3,196 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Agree!
Message 8 of 9 (3,086 Views)

★ Novice

I totally agree!! If wow can do it SimCity can. It would save so much time and be so helpful! I hope the powers that be are listening,

Message 9 of 9 (2,386 Views)