Gifts for visiting other cities.

by percivalsmum

Original Post

Gifts for visiting other cities.

★★★★ Novice
Whats the situation re the availability of gift bubbles when visiting other cities?

I'd estimate that my hit rate is only that of 5%.

Im happy with the items received, I just don't understand if its one gift produced in total by each city which would make it "first in best dressed", or Im repeatedly visiting the same cities within a 24 hr period?
Message 1 of 9 (62,770 Views)

Re: Gifts for visiting other cities.

★★★★★ Newbie

It seems to me the gifts are pegged to first time City visits. I haven't experienced gift bubbles on return visits to my most popular shopping destinations. 

Message 2 of 9 (62,651 Views)

★ Guide
I don't know the timeframe but they do repeat in cities. I think its first come first served after thr pop though. Cheers
Message 3 of 9 (62,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's completely based on how much money you spend in other cities. In other words, The more you buy, the more gifts you receive. It also seems to notice what you need and gives you all but 1 of that item. If you purchase a lot, you will see cash, similions and even keys. I get almost one key every 2 days. Enjoy

Message 4 of 9 (61,454 Views)

★★★ Novice

While I do buy a lot at the trade centers I have found that the visiting mayor bubbles appear to pop up at time intervals I live in GMT -7 (USA Mountain Time) and have noticed that bubbles are everywhere starting about 1am. I get a lot of bubble items from places I DO NOT purchase from. .I go trolling from bubbles every night starting at about 1am and there are bubbles everywhere. Now I am also noticing there are other similar times in the day but I have not been able to pin them down completely. They appear to be somewhere between 3 to 6 hour intervals. I will try to pay closer attention and report back. Again, when I am trolling for mayor bubbles I am not always buying. But I do agree with a first come, first serve basis on who gets them. I just try to be first.

Message 5 of 9 (60,991 Views)

Re: Best Times to get Gifts for Visiting Other Cities.

★★★ Novice

OK, I have been running a check on when the mayor gift bubbles are reset and it appears to be at 4 hour intervals based on USA Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), which is likely the EA office this game is run out of.

I have seen bubbles in most cities at midnight, 4am, 8am, noon, 4pm, and 8pm Pacific Time. A lot of bubbles are still there an hour later but are nearly gone 2 hours later. This had nothing to do with buying anything, which I didn't, or any other variable, just time. Remember, this is Pacific time (GMT -8). That is important. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 9 (60,845 Views)

Re: Best Times to get Gifts for Visiting Other Cities.

★ Guide

Nice work. I'll check it out. I'm on the East Coast so these are reasonable times as well. Thanks!

Message 7 of 9 (59,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
@NatashaSpy .... I know you posted this 2 years ago but I cracked up when you said around 4 am BC that tells me you used to be as addicted to this game as I am right now lol
Message 8 of 9 (42,968 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is an old thread, but I'd like to chime in. The gift availability is designed through methods of ABA (applied behavior analysis) which is actually common for games. The 'schedules of reinforcement' (i.e., availability of the gift) are selected to create specific patterns in YOUR (and MY 😊) behavior. The time pattern mentioned above is a Fixed Interval (FI:4hours) and the percentage of the gifts given us a Variable Ratio (VR:5responses(?)). The two are used together to Soccer ball limit the amount of reinforcement (i.e., the gift) that is given AND encourage high rates of responding (i.e., when we check the other cities) during that availability window.

All that to say, from your observations and my own, I think the gifts are available every four hours for an unknown duration at an average rate of every 5 cities visited.

This seemed to be true regardless of if purchases were made it not. I'm unsure about whether or not the TYPE of gift was random or dependent on your needs or behaviors.

Hope this was helpful! #gamer #behavioralscientist
Message 9 of 9 (29,790 Views)