Education or Transportation?

by VridaW

Original Post

Education or Transportation?

★★★ Newbie

I finally saved up $40k - now I have the choice to build either Education or Transportation. The latter seems to drive the population higher so that would be my choice but maybe someone has some insight on how I should proceed.

TIA

Message 1 of 18 (31,144 Views)

Re: Education or Transportation?

★★ Novice

Why not both? Be careful though, have your citizens complained about needing health yet? At level 16 you're going to start needing to start covering for health, which isn't cheap. The base clinic is $12.3K and the largest hospital is $64.2.

Message 2 of 18 (31,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got there and i didnt bought them, i saved the money becuase in the next level you will need a police department

Message 3 of 18 (31,047 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Education and Transportation are not things that will cause your building to be abandoned without them. I'd stave off spending $40,000 on those until you've past level 16 and unlocked the hospitals. Once your infrastructure is covered no matter what level you get to, then start with Education and Transportation.

The schools and transportation hubs seem like a nice alternative to spending loads of $$$ on parks.

Message 4 of 18 (31,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Interesting point. So far I have a lot of parks and no education or transportation. But I have 10 keys to spend. But trying to deal with the cost of services, and new commercial buildings to buy, I havent had 40K in quite a while...

Message 5 of 18 (31,001 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am camping @ level 13(2 exp away from 14), I have both built. I have been camped at this level for almost a week now. Between parks, transport, and edu I sit at 58k pop with 99% approval rating which nets me 10k+ per 24 hours.  Add in selling items other than expansion items I get another 5-10k per day. Just be patient and camp them simolians.

Message 6 of 18 (30,964 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm camping a bit too… I'm very close to hitting level 12 and I assume that will unleash some havoc reltated to needing police stations. 

So, I'm going to keep building my coin up too 45K with a opulation of 51,000+. 

I have already invested in education; dept of ed, and grade school. As well as dept of transportation and one bus stop.

My frustration here is that I'm still getting some bubbles with sims saying they cant kids to schools.

Any strategy suggestions?

Message 7 of 18 (30,815 Views)

★★ Apprentice

But which one is better? Looks to me like Transportation is better as the buildings are not dependent on one another like in Education and they cover more area.

Message 8 of 18 (30,769 Views)

★★ Novice

Going to bite the bullit and build a second bus station to help spread out my city a bit.

Message 9 of 18 (30,671 Views)

★ Guide
Message 10 of 18 (30,666 Views)