complete newbie!

by dippiddeedoo

Original Post

complete newbie!

★★★ Newbie

Please help me!!

My mom plays SimCity on her iPad, but has spent so much money on the little piles of Sim cash.... I don't know what to do!!!  Is there someway to have this game played without spending money on in-app purchases?  I know nothing about it really, but I need my elderly mother (good for her for still being able to play games) to not blow her retirement on this!

Can anyone help me?  

Xbox?  Wii?  Download it on PC or Mac or something that is a onetime cost and then nothing else?

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 3 (519 Views)

Re: complete newbie!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Payment is not required to play but if she has a hard time resisting buying in game she(or you) can go to settings and turn off in-game purchases. Or maybe just talk to her about keeping her game expenses to $5/month. Present it as an extra game challenge. Good luck! 

P.S. There should still be pc versions out there but they won't be the same so it would be iffy whether or not she likes them

Message 2 of 3 (510 Views)

Re: complete newbie!

EA app Team

Hi @dippiddeedoo,

To add to @MaryCat23's great explanation (XP for you!), here a link to the most recent PC version of SimCity: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/simcity/simcity/standard-edition

The game is different than the mobile version, so you might want to use the 4h trial to make sure your mother likes it Wink

-Mai

Message 3 of 3 (465 Views)